My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 17 September 2026

Just Us Girls challenge #841 - Mood Board Week

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog. I am back to share my card for this week's Just Us Girls challenge and it's Mood Board Week and Vicki has a beautiful board to inspire us this week. There are so many gorgeous details on the mood board to choose from this week and I'm sure this is going to be a really popular week. I cannot wait to see all your gorgeous creations.
A closer look at the mood board:
Isn't it a beautiful mood board?  The neutral colours are gorgeous with lots of images to be inspired by; will it be the coffee cup, the houses, the cute dog or maybe the pumpkins.  I can't wait to see what you choose.  I decided to use neutral colours and a coffee theme for my card and I'm really happy with how it turned out.  I hope you like it too.
Here is my card:
A closer look at the details:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I took a quick 9 sec video so you could see the legs 'dancing':
I began by cutting a cream card panel 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" and a mat layer from brown card and adhered them together with liquid glue.  I stamped three coffee rings using dark brown ink and some coffee beans using a lighter brown ink.  I decided to use this fun interactive 'dancing' die from Spellbinders and cut all the various pieces from coloured card from my scraps bin.  I cut the legs and hands from white card and coloured them with my Promarkers.  I adhered everything together and added it to my card panel using a mix of liquid glue and foam squares.  I stamped the sentiment onto a scrap of the cream card using the lighter brown ink and fussy cut it out before adding it across the focal image using foam squares and liquid glue.  I finished off with some self adhesive pearls (although I never trust the self adhesive pads so I peeled them off and added liquid glue!).  The panel was adhered to my card base using double sided tape.  For the inside I cut another cream panel and brown layer and adhered them together with liquid glue.  I stamped one coffee ring in the bottom right corner and added a die cut coffee cup and a few leaves.  I stamped the sentiment in the centre using brown ink and adhered the panel to my card base using double sided tape.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

* to be updated *

I'm sure this will be a popular challenge as it is such a beautiful board and I cannot wait to see what you create. Please pop over to the challenge blog and leave some love for our guest designer Julia Aston and the rest of the design team.

I appreciate you stopping by.

Love and hugs,

card supplies:
Spellbinders - I dance die set
Spellbinders - sugar coated sentiments clear stamp (for outside sentiment)
Spellbinders - perfect pie sentiments & fillings clear stamp (for inside sentiment)
Honey Bee - perfect blend clear stamp (for coffee beans)
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card (for card base)
cream and brown card from The Papermill shop (many moons ago)
other card from my scraps bin
Gina K Designs - ink pads - warm cocoa & dark chocolate
Winsor & Newton - Promarkers

I now have an Affiliate Link for the Gina K Designs store. If you are considering making a purchase I would appreciate you using my links as it will earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you. 
Thank you x

3 comments:

cm said...

Only two responses, Denise: stunning and love! The coffee theme, the neutral colours, your design...just so impressive!
hugs~carol

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fantastic inspired card! That big ole cup won me over

Julia Aston said...

Goodness, Denise, how fun is that lady holding the giant coffee cup AND that her legs swing!! Wonderful coffee cut stains background and added florals! Julia xx