My Lovely Followers

Wednesday, 16 September 2026

Card Clubhouse IG Hop - Week 19

Hello lovely friends; I'm here to share my card for the Card Clubhouse IG hop organised by my sweet friend Kelly. We are on Week 19 and our theme is 'inspired by....' so we are all creating a project inspired by something or someone else.  This is going to be a great hop this week and I can't wait to see what sparks your imagination.
I didn't really know what to do this week until I saw my pile of folded laundry on the table.  I have this really pretty short cotton nightie that I wear in the summer as it's so cool and the colours are beautiful.  I thought this would be the perfect inspiration for my card plus the colours are ones that I definitely wouldn't put together normally.  I'm apologising now for the very creased nightie but if you had waited for me to iron it, well let's say it would have been a while lol!  I hope you like it.
Here is my inspiration:
Aren't the colours just gorgeous?
Here is my card:
A closer look at the details:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by hunting through my coloured card stock to try and find colours that matched.  Most of them were from Stampin' Up! (a really old pack) and one from Heffy Doodle and one from Lawn Fawn.  I went with a pink card panel to replicate the pattern and cut it to 4" x 5 1/4".  I found a die set that had lots of pretty flowers and leaves and die cut them from the coloured card.  I cut the centres of the flowers, along with some dots, from gold glitter card.  I used liquid glue to adhere everything together except I added a foam square between the small flower and the large flower for a little dimension.  It did take me a while to decide on a layout but once I was happy I added them to my background with liquid glue.  I used the glitter dots to fill in any obvious gaps.  I stamped the sentiments onto the light pink card using plum punch ink and used the coordinating dies to cut them out (I also cut 3 more for each from the light pink card so that I could stack them up).  I added the sentiments onto the background using liquid glue.  The panel was then adhered to my card base using double sided tape.  For the inside I cut another light pink panel and stamped the sentiment in the centre using the plum punch ink.  I die cut a few more flowers and leaves and added them to the bottom of the panel using liquid glue.  I also added a few glitter dots.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

* to be updated *

I hope you will pop over to Instagram and check out the hop; please use the hashtag #cardclubhouse2026 to see all the gorgeous creations and also if you want to participate we will be able to find you.

Thank you so much for stopping by.

Love and hugs,

card supplies:
Spellbinders - family & friends vignette die set - on sale!
Spellbinders - nature's dance clear stamp & die (for hugs and inside greeting) - on sale!
Spellbinders - colorful expressions blossom clear stamp (for strip sentiment)
Gina K Designs - lots of dots die set
Gina K Designs - plum punch ink pad
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card (for card base)
Heffy Doodle - variety card pack - store now closed
Lawn Fawn - rainbow card pack

 I have an Affiliate Link for the Gina K Designs store. If you are considering making a purchase I would appreciate you using my links as it will earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you. 
Thank you x

No comments: