My Lovely Followers

Saturday, 1 August 2026

AAA Birthday challenge #88 - flowers

Good morning lovely friends and welcome to August, although I'm not sure what happened to July!  I remember we had a heatwave and my birthday and that's about it haha!  It's hard to believe that another few weeks and we will be rolling into autumn (but I love autumn so that's ok).  

As it's the first of the month it means we have a brand new challenge over at AAA Birthday challenge. This month's theme is 'flowers' and we all love our flowers and pretty colours so I'm sure it will be a popular challenge. Our guest designer this month is Susan aka auntysue so please pop over to her blog and leave her some love.
Whenever I think of flowers I always reach for my Gina K Designs stash as she designs some beautiful floral images.  The flowers I used were actually left over from a previous project so that was a plus for me!  I think my card turned out so pretty and I hope you like it too.  
Here is my card:
A closer look at the details:
Plus I decorated the inside:
So as I said the flowers were already embossed, coloured and die cut and ready to go from a previous card I made here.  I cut a white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and used master layouts 18 to cut out the stitched frame and inside rectangle and decided to emboss the inner rectangle to add some extra interest.  I die cut some leaves from green card and ink blended around the edges for some extra definition.  I cut a black mat layer using master layouts 2 and adhered the frame and inner rectangle onto this layer using liquid glue.  I adhered the flower in the lower left corner using foam squares and tucked the leaves around it using liquid glue.  I stamped the sentiment onto white card using black ink and cut it out with the coordinating die (I also cut another 3 more to stack up).  The sentiment was added with liquid glue and I finished off with some black pearls.  I added some scrap white card behind the panel for stability and dimension and then this was adhered to the card base using double sided tape.  For the inside I cut the white panel and black mat layer using master layouts 2.  I embossed a thin strip of white card and added it to the bottom of the white panel and also added another flower and 1 leaf using liquid glue.  I stamped the sentiment in the centre with black ink before adhering the panel to my card base using double sided tape.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Allsorts challenge - colours of summer or ATG
Beautiful Blossoms challenge - anything floral goes optional mood board
Can You Handle The Pressure challenge - ATG with a twist of celebration
Little Red Wagon challenge - one thing (one large flower, 1 sentiment)
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge - stitch it (I used stitched dies)
The Sisterhood of Crafters challenge - flowers with an optional mood board
TGIF challenge - bonus inspiration challenge (I went with lots of white with a pop of purple)

The Design Team have created amazing cards as always so please pop over to the blog and check them out and perhaps leave them some love on their personal blogs.

I hope you will be able to join in with the challenge this month but don't forget it has to be birthday themed. I can't wait to see your creations in the linky.

Love and hugs,

card supplies:
Gina K Designs - blossom trio 3d embossing folder, dies and colouring stencils
Gina K Designs - master layouts 18
Gina K Designs - master layouts 2
Gina K Designs - tapestry embossing folder
Gina K Designs - foliage fillers dies (for leaves)
Gina K Designs - courtyard silhouettes stamp & die set (for outside sentiment)
Gina K Designs - designer dots stamp (for inside sentiment) *scrapbook.com exclusive
Gina K Designs - ink pads - light lilac, medium lilac & dark lilac, marigold
Limetree Craft - 280gsm silky smooth white card (not available but other options are here and here)
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card (for card base)
Limetree Craft - 220gsm black card
Versafine Clair - nocturne ink pad

I have an Affiliate Link for the Gina K Designs store. If you are considering making a purchase I would appreciate you using my links as it will earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you. 
Thank you x

5 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

Awesome

Sarn said...

A beautiful big bloom for your pretty background.
Thanks for joining in at Allsorts. x

brenda said...

Thanks so much for sharing your pretty card at Allsorts.

B x

Sonja Zierer said...

I really like your clean interpretation of the sketch. The delicate floral image stands out beautifully against the textured background, and the black sentiment provides a lovely contrast. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

Diane said...

Gorgeous floral card inside and out!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Beautiful Blossoms, The Sisterhood of Crafters and Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane BB, TSH DT
Can You Handle The Pressure Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}