My Lovely Followers

Thursday, 16 July 2026

Just Us Girls challenge #832 - mood board week

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog. I am back to share my card for this week's Just Us Girls challenge and it's Mood Board Week and Bobby has a beautiful board to inspire us this week. There are so many gorgeous summer themed images and colours to choose from and I'm sure this is going to be a really popular week. I cannot wait to see all your gorgeous creations.
here is a better look at the board:
My eye was immediately drawn to the top left picture featuring pink and teal colours and jars filled with a yummy looking beverage.  I found a jar die in my stash and created a fun shaker card (I know another one lol!).  I think it turned out really girly and pretty and I hope you like it. 
Here is my card:
A closer look at the jar:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by cutting a white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and used three shades of teal ink and ink blended all over the panel; I also added some water droplets and white spatter.  Whilst that was drying I die cut the jar x 10 so that I could stack up the frame part to create my shaker window.  I ink blended one complete jar (frame and inner) using a pink ink pad and added some white spatter to the inner part.  I cut a piece of acetate and adhered that behind the ink blended frame and then adhered the rest of the white frames behind using liquid glue. I also die cut a straw from a different die set from white card and using masking tape created the stripes by ink blending some kraft ink over it and I think it turned out fantastic.  I cut a small piece of kraft card and swiped some brown ink over it to give it some dimension to look like wood (but I think it works as sand too).  I stamped both the sentiments onto white card using a teal ink pad and used sentiment strip dies to cut them out.  I was going to use sequins in my shaker but found some glitter snow which is quite chunky so I thought that would work as ice in my drink.  I added the ink blended background onto my card base using double sided tape and added the kraft card along the bottom with liquid glue.  I adhered the inner part of the jar onto the background and then adhered the straw onto this using liquid glue.  I added a few spoonfuls of the snow and then adhered the layered frames over top with liquid glue trapping the snow inside.  I added the smaller sentiment in the top left corner using liquid glue and the longer sentiment was added across the bottom of the jar using foam squares.  I finished off with some clear sequins.  For the inside I cut another white panel and ink blended along the bottom using the teal ink left on my brush.  I cut a thin strip of kraft card and again dragged the brown ink along it for dimension and attached this to the bottom with liquid glue.  I used another inner jar piece, ink blended over it with the pink ink and added some white spatters.  I adhered this in the bottom left corner, trimming off the bottom of the jar that overhung the panel.  I stamped the sentiment in the centre using the teal ink pad and adhered the panel to my card base with double sided tape. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges

Addicted to Stamps and More challenge - make your mark (I ink blended my background)
Cut It Up challenge - create your own background (I ink blended my background)
First Cup challenge - anything beverage/drink related
Let's Craft & Create challenge- fun in the sun (sipping cocktails is definitely fun)
The Four Seasons challenge - summer with optional inspiration board
The Pick 3 challenge - ink blending, sparkle, sentiment

I'm sure this will be a popular challenge as there is so much on the board to inspire you and I cannot wait to see what you create. Please pop over to the challenge blog and leave some love for our guest designer Bonnie and the rest of the design team.

I appreciate you stopping by.

Love and hugs,

Sizzix - jar of flowers die set (I only used the jar)
MFT - soda pop die-namics (for the straw)
Tonic Studios - bottoms up stamp
Gina K Designs - sentiment strips dies 
Limetree Craft - 280gsm silky smooth white card (not available but other options are here and here)
Limetree Craft - 300gsm smooth white card
The Works - glitter snow
Winsor & Newton - white gouache (for spatters)
kraft card from my stash

I now have an Affiliate Link for the Gina K Designs store. If you are considering making a purchase I would appreciate you using my link as it will earn me a small commission at no extra cost to you. 
Thank you x

14 comments:

cm said...

Your shaker jar is absolutely delightful; a wonderful take on your chosen image from the mood board!
hugs~carol

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love this fun sippy shaker!

Carol said...

We love crushed ice at our house and your shaker mason jar drink couldn't be more realistic! Great attention to all the little details in how you created it, too.. I too was taken by those drinks right away but steered away to another direction for my card. So glad you made this drink!

Darlene said...

OH MY GOODNESS ... how creative! Love it and the inside is awesome too! Well done my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Four Seasons Co-Owner

Lisa Elton said...

What a FUN take on Bobby's board, Denise! Love the shaker, the crushes ice and the striped straw!

ElizStewart said...

Yummy!

Uschi said...

Wow, what a creative idea. Your shaker card is simply fabulous and perfect for summer. Beautiful colors and a fantastic background. The jar is so lovingly designed—with the colored edges and the glittering crushed ice. I love the straw, too. Great job!
Thank you so much for sharing this brilliant summer card in the current Everybody Art Challenge.
Hugs, Uschi

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Sand, sea and a slushy cocktail, what could be better! Fun shaker and beautiful background, too!

Bobby said...

This was a wonderful take on that image, Denise, and so great for a shaker card. That sentiment is perfect to go along with the jar and the glitter inside.

Donna Walls said...

This card design is so cool and creative! Thanks for joining us at The Pick 3 Challenge, we always enjoy seeing everyone's creativity.
Donna xx
The Pick 3 Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge

Ina G said...

This is fabulous and full of deliciousness Denise. Perfect refreshment for a day at the beach.

Gerda said...

What a fabulous shaker card!! Love it!!
Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Gerda

Imke said...

Thanks for joining us @Little Red Wagon with this fabulous card, Denise. Good luck in the TOP3 draw.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE
https://mycraftyplace.wordpress.com/

Inkyfingeredcat said...

What a great use of the jar! Love it!
Thanks for joining us at Addicted to stamps and more
Hope to see you again soon
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT