My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 29 November 2023

Winter Wonderland IG Hop - Week 5

Hello friends and happy hump day.  I hope you've had a great day so far.  It's Wednesday so it's time for this week's instalment of the Winter Wonderland IG Hop organised by my lovely friend Kelly.  This is technically the last week of the hop but don't worry as we have an extra bonus week for you next week!  Each Wednesday we are sharing our creations with a winter theme. 
This week is Week 5 and our theme is plaid poinsettia.  Now the brief was you can make something that includes a poinsettia or include some plaid or both.  I decided to use both.  Here is my card:
A close up of my poinsettia:
I decorated the inside as usual:
here is what the paper looked before and after inking:
I began by trying to find some plaid patterned paper, which was not easy.  I eventually found one but it was a beige/neutral colour.  I decided to ink swipe onto the paper with a red ink pad to make it the colour I wanted.  I think it turned out really good and just what I was looking for.  I then die cut my poinsettia; one large layer and 2 smaller layers, plus a few leaves from dark green card and the centre from gold mirri card; I then added gold pearls onto the centre.  I used foam squares to attach all the layers so it ended up being very dimensional.  I cut a piece of white card to a 3 3/4" x 5" panel and added a strip of red spotted paper and a smaller strip of the gold mirri card to the left hand side.  I adhered the leaves with liquid glue and stamped my sentiment in black ink.  I then added the poinsettia with liquid glue over the leaves.  For a final touch I added some gold splatter over the entire card panel.  The panel was then attached to my A2 card base with double sided tape.  For the inside I added another strip of spotty paper and gold mirri card and as I had one poinsettia left over I cut it up and layered it into the bottom left corner.  I stamped a sentiment in black ink.  A really dimensional and shimmery card in real life and I'm really happy with it.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Crafty Gals Corner challenge - dots and/or stripes
Double D challenge - stripes and/or dots
Inkspirational challenge - seasonal (obviously I've gone for Christmas again)
Time Out challenge - winter/holiday
Try It On challenge - traditional Christmas
Use Your Stuff challenge - shine bright (mirri card, gold pearls, gold splatter)

We hope you will be able to join us over on Instagram and follow the hop.  Please use the hashtag #winterwonderlandcardhop2023 to find all of our creations and we will be able to find yours if you feel inspired to join in.  

Enjoy the rest of your day and thank you so much for stopping by.  

Love and hugs, 
  
card ingredients:
MFT - all star high top die-namics
Gina K Designs - red hot ink pad
Personal Impressions - big Christmas essentials (for outside sentiment)
Personal Impressions (Paula Pascual) - Christmas messages (for inside sentiment)
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card
Echo Park - dots & stripes (Valentine) for spotty paper
Gansai Tambi - starry colours palette (for gold splatter)
green card & mirri card from scrap box

7 comments:

Kate said...

Gorgeous tartan poinsettia and I love the polka dot strip on the side and the touches of gold tying the whole design together. Thanks for sharing with us at Time Out Challenges! In future, could you please respect our rule of only entering 4 other challenges if you want to be considered for Top Pick and prize.
Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous poinsettia. I like the way you swiped the red ink pad over the plaid to make it the color you wanted - very creative. TFS

Cindy Beach said...

Such a beautiful card. I love the plaid poinsettia!

cm said...

Swooning over your plaid poinsettia! Talk about being the star of the stage! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational.
~carol

Kim said...

Beautiful card. I love the buffalo plaid on the poinsettias. Thanks for joining the challenge at Crafty Gals Corner.

Jana Forrest said...

I don't think I have ever seen a plaid poinsettia. It works great!!! Love this card. Thank you for sharing over at Crafty Gals Corner Challenge. Best of luck, Jana DT

Cathie w said...

very very pretty card