My Lovely Followers

Friday 1 December 2023

AAA Birthday challenge - DT card

Good morning lovely friends; I can't believe it's already December 1st - where did November go?  As it's the first of the month it means we have a brand new challenge over at AAA Birthday. This month's theme is 'add a tag' and has been chosen by Tristan.  Our guest designer this month is Helen Brammer so please pop over to her blog and leave her some love.  
As always I toyed with lots of different ideas, including making a card and matching tag but when I was looking through my stash I found this adorable mini tag so wanted to use that.  Here is my card:
a close up of the tags:
I decorated the inside too:
I began by die-cutting 5 of the mini tags from white card and then die cut the 'happy' letters from a rainbow of coloured cardstock and adhered them with liquid glue.  I tried adding twine but it looked too busy so I dusted off my Crop-a-dile and added some colourful eyelets to the tags instead.  I cut a panel of white card 3 3/4" x 5" and used a large script stamp for my background and stamped it in light grey ink.  To finish the rainbow I stamped the 'birthday' sentiment in purple ink.  The panel was adhered to the card base with liquid glue.  I added 3 tags with foam squares and then the other 2 were added with double sided tape.  I think it added a little interest to the card instead of having them all the same height.  I finished the front of the card with 3 silver sequins around the stamped sentiment.  The inside was decorated quite simply; the same script stamp was added to a strip of white card and this was added to the bottom of the panel with liquid glue.  I stamped a sentiment in the same purple ink. 

The Design Team have created amazing cards as always so please pop over to the blog and check them out and perhaps leave them some love on their blogs too.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Cut It Up challenge - use more than 1 die (letter dies and tag die)
Papercraft challenges - happy birthday
Seize the Birthday challenge - birthday creation - no topping this time

I hope you will be able to join in with our challenge this month but don't forget it has to be birthday themed.  I can't wait to see your creations in the linky.

Enjoy the rest of your day and thank you so much for stopping by.  

Love and hugs, 

Card ingredients:

Clearly Besotted - tag along die set (used matching stamp set for inside sentiment) - retired
Gina K Designs - square starters stamp set (for birthday sentiment)
Gina K Designs - soft stone ink pad 
Gina K Designs - wild wisteria ink pad 
MFT - best friends red rubber background stamp
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card 
rainbow colours of card from my scrap bin

10 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

not one but 5 tags! that's just clever, love it

Pat K said...

Very creative card Denise...I love it. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin.Pat K x

ScrappyHorses said...

What a fun idea! Great background stamp behind the fun tag dies with those charming colorful eyelets!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

Nancy said...

I love this colorful and playful birthday card, Denise! The tags in various colors are darling. Thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday.

Ashwini Rao said...

Love the colorful letters, and you're right, the tiny tags do look adorable. I also love how you've paired it with that script background. Thank you so much for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge with this card.

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Brilliant idea love it x

Conniecrafter said...

I love this look for a teen card!

Leanne said...

Sure is great to see these brads on the tags again, I miss them, great Birthday card, and so pleased you played our ATG Challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge. Have a wonderful day!

Leanne DT Member/KCC
Krafty Chicks Challenge

Maikreations said...

I love your wonderful CAS design and that you have decorated the inside as well! Awesome card! Thank you so much for taking part in our "Happy Birthday" challenge over at Papercraft Challenges! Have a lovely day and happy crafting!!!

Cindy Groh said...

I love the way you utilized the tags for your sentiment.