My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 22 November 2023

Winter Wonderland IG Hop - Week 4

Hello friends; I hope your day is going well and you've had a great start to your week.  It's Wednesday so that means it's time to share my card for this week's Winter Wonderland IG Hop which has been organised by my lovely friend Kelly.  Can you believe this week is week 4 already!  Each Wednesday we will be sharing our cards with a winter theme.  
This week is the lovely theme of Santa!  I always reach for cutesy images so I thought I would mix it up this week and go for a traditional/vintage style image and actually used a red rubber wood mounted stamp!!  Here is my card:
a close up of the image:
I decorated the inside:
I apologise for the photos today but it's quite gloomy here and I struggled to get anything better, but they are better than horrible (maybe!). 

I began by stamping the gorgeous Santa image in Memento London Fog ink which is a lovely light grey.  There wasn't much colouring to do, I coloured his face, beard and glasses with a mix of Promarkers and SN Tri-blend markers and then went over the beard and snowflakes with some glitter glue.  I put the image to one side to dry and then created my background with a snowflake stencil using red ink on a white panel cut to 3 3/4" x 5".  I made an A2 card base from red cardstock and I adhered the stencilled panel with double sided tape.  I used a strip of white card and stamped my sentiment in Versafine Clair morning mist ink.  I added this strip onto a slightly larger strip of same red card as my card base and adhered this with double sided tape.  Once the image panel was dry I used a rectangle die and cut it out and then used the matching scalloped die to cut a red mat panel.  I added this to the card with foam tape.  I decided to add some glitter glue to the snowflakes in the background for some extra sparkle and finished off with 3 small sequins under my sentiment.  It really does look much nicer in real life and really sparkles when it catches the light.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Allsorts challenge - Christmas time
Craft challenge - Christmas
Daisy Chain challenge - Christmas/winter
Inkspirational challenge - seasonal (obviously I've gone for Christmas)
Mix it Up challenge - ATG option stamping
My Time to Craft challenge - got to be Christmas
Scrapping4Fun challenge - traditional Christmas colours
Stamping Sensations challenge - get ready for Christmas
Tic Tac Toe challenge - sparkle/free/monochromatic

We hope you will be able to join us over on Instagram and follow the hop.  Please use the hashtag #winterwonderlandcardhop2023 to find all our creations and, if we inspire you and you decide to join in, we can find yours too.  

Enjoy the rest of your day and thank you so much for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 

Card ingredients:

Rubber Stampede - Santa collage wooden stamp (very old and probably no longer available)
Spellbinders - classic rectangles large & classic scalloped rectangles large
Funky Fossil Designs - snow flurry stencil
Stickles glitter glue - crystal 
Versafine Morning Mist ink pad (for sentiment)
Memento London Fog ink pad (to stamp image)
Gina K Designs - red velvet ink pad 
Paula Pascal - Christmas messages
Promarkers
Spectrum Noir Tri Blend markers
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card
Stampin' Up! - red card from brights selection pack (again very old!)


9 comments:

brenda said...

What a fabulous Santa image, colouring his glasses red really draws the eye, beautifully done. Many thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations challenge (would fit perfectly at We Love Stamping as well).

B x

coldwaters2 said...

This is a wonderful festive creation that image of Santa is awesome and I love the touch of colour on his glasses I also love the background a super make thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

Alyson Mayo said...

Gorgeous Santa image - love the shine! Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC :)

Dena J said...

I LOVE this Santa image and your spot coloring is so effective! Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts this week.

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautifully done Christmas card in red and white, and loving the sparkle!
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

*Vicki* said...

What a beautiful and festive card! I love the grey stamping of the Santa image and your red monochromatic tones as well! Wonderful stamping and sparkle! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at the MIU Challenge!

Fiona said...

great card Denise, very striking!

Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
Fi
x

Pia S said...

I love this Santa face, and how you sparkled up his beard and teamed him up with traditional Christmas colors. Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!

Rachel said...

This santa is so wintery-very cool image! I love that with the red and white-nice! Thanks for joining us at The Mix It Up Challenge Blog! Rachel DT