My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 15 November 2023

Winter Wonderland IG Hop - Week 3

Happy Hump Day friends; I hope you're having a great week so far.  I'm back with Week 3 of the Winter Wonderland IG Hop which has been organised by my lovely friend Kelly.  Each Wednesday in November we will be sharing our cards with a winter theme.  
This week is a fun one - pink Christmas!  I love traditional colours for Christmas but it's nice to step out of our comfort zone from time to time and have a play with different colour schemes.  I had lots of ideas for my make this week but finally settled on CAS and super cute!  Here is my card:
a close up of my cute penguin:
I also decorated the inside:
I used mostly Promarkers with a couple of Tri-blend markers:
I began by stamping the cute penguin image with memento tuxedo black ink and coloured it with mostly Promarkers but I did use 2 x Spectrum Noir tri-blend markers too (I'm actually liking these pens a lot as they take away the stress of colour blending as there are 3 colours in each pen).  I don't have the coordinating dies so fussy cut him out and put him to one side.  I then cut a white panel of card 3 3/4" x 5" and used a stencil and some pink ink to make my background.  I found some hot pink card in my scrap bin and used that as my mat layer behind my white panel.  I cut a 2 1/2" strip of the hot pink card and used a scalloped edge die to cut a decorative border on the top and bottom.   I then added a white strip on top with double sided tape.  Before adding to the card panel I stamped my sentiment.  This was then adhered to the card panel with double sided tape.  The penguin was added with foam squares and I added 5 small pink pearls as a finishing touch.  I did forget to add some white gel pen highlights but I'll do that before I give the card to someone.  The panel was then added to a white card blank with foam tape.  I decorated the inside in my usual way - a small strip of the stencilled card added to the bottom and a sentiment stamped in black ink.  A really sweet card and I think once you've settled on the idea it's really easy to mass produce.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Crafty Animals challenge - ATG include an animal
Crafty Gals Corner challenge - dots and/or stripes
Creative Inspirations challenge - contemporary Christmas colours
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured critter
Daisy Chain challenge - Christmas/winter
Cut it Up challenge - layer it up (must use a die cut)
Double D challenge - stripes and/or dots
Dream Valley challenge - occasions other than birthday
Pearly Sparkles challenge - Christmas/winter
Stamping Sensations challenge - get ready for Christmas
Stencil Fun challenge - anything stencil goes - option leaves
Unicorn challenge - Christmas
We Love Stamping challenge - Christmas characters

Wow lots of Christmas themed challenges around at the moment (understandably)!  I believe I checked all the rules but if I've entered too many challenges and broken your rules I apologise and just delete me.

We hope you will be able to join us over on Instagram and follow the hop.  Please use the hashtag #winterwonderlandcardhop2023 to find all of our creations and if you decide to join in too we will be able to find yours too.  

Enjoy the rest of your day and thank you so much for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 

card ingredients:

Clearly Besotted Stamps - scalloped edges die collection
Concord & 9th - Boughs and holly stamp (for sentiment)
Gina K Designs - bubblegum pink ink pad
Gina K Designs - pearl mix rainbow
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm white smooth card 
pink card from scrap bin
Promarkers & Spectrum Noir tri-blend markers
Paula Pascal - Christmas message (inside sentiment) (I've seen it on eBay)
Versafine onyx black ink pad
Memento tuxedo black ink pad

7 comments:

Treva said...

Cute card, love the non-traditional color.
Thank you for joining us at Cut it Up for our Layer it Up challenge.
-Treva

brenda said...

A sweet Penguin card and pink works well for the season, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

B x

Jenny L said...

What a very wonderful card and such a cute penguin and brilliant design.
Thanks for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

papierelle said...

Pink goes perfectly with a Christmas card and pink also looks great on the cute little penguin. Glad you joined us at DotMCC. Gundi

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card love the pink and cute Penguin.Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations
Carol DT x

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

Love the cute Penguin on your card Denise. Coloured beautifully. Love the pink. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Jayne DT

Kim said...

Pink for Christmas, yes! The little penguin is adorable. I love the lay out of the card too. Thanks for joining the challenge at Crafty Gals Corner.