My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 8 November 2023

Winter Wonderland IG Hop - Week 2

Hello again friends; I hope you're having a great day.  It's time for Week 2 of the Winter Wonderland IG Hop, which has been organised by my lovely friend Kelly.  Each Wednesday in November we will be sharing cards with a winter theme.  
This week's theme is snowflakes and despite having lots of ideas running through my head, I really struggled to make a card I liked.  I'm relatively happy with my finished result although I may have done some things differently if I was to make it again.  Unfortunately I was still frantically completing my card very late last night so it had to do lol!  Here is my card (it's a very dark and gloomy day here today so the lighting wasn't the best either!):
A close up of the snowflake:
I decorated the inside:
and I decorated the envelope too:
I began by stamping the snowflakes in blue ink and used the matching dies to cut them out.  I then took a white panel and embossed it with a snowflake embossing folder.  I lightly inked round the edges with the same blue ink for some contrast.  I die cut 2 circles, 1 from blue card and 1 from white card and layered them together with liquid glue.  I tried so many sentiments but none looked right then I found this one in my stash and thought it looked the best.  I again stamped it in blue ink and die cut it with a banner die.  I'm not really a bow person but found an odd piece of kraft coloured twine and decided to add it to the top of my circle to give it a 'bauble-esque' feel about it.  The circle is quite dimension as the snowflake was added with foam squares and also the sentiment banner too.  The white embossed panel was added onto a blue card panel and this was added to the card base with liquid glue.  My final touch was some tiny gold pearls which I liberally added all over my card.  I had two snowflakes left over; I was originally going to put them on the front but I couldn't get them to work there, so I added one onto the inside and one onto the envelope.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Alphabet challenge - P is for peace
As You Like It challenge - favourite Christmas colours (and why) - I'm a traditionalist at heart but when it comes to snowflakes it has to be blue and white!
Aud Sentiments challenge - gift tag/packaging and/or Christmas + sentiment
Can You Handle the Pressure challenge - ATG embossing option vines/greenery
Craft Rocket challenge - wintertime (no Christmas)
Cut It Up challenge - layer it up
Daisy Chain challenge - Christmas/winter
Pearly Sparkles challenge - Christmas/winter
Shopping Our Stash challenge - emboss like a boss 
Stamping Sensations challenge - get ready for Christmas
Tic Tac Toe challenge - challenge 223 - blue, free, ribbon (please delete if twine is not the same as ribbon) 
Unicorn challenge - Christmas

I hope you will be able to join us over on Instagram and follow the hop.  Please use the hashtag #winterwonderlandcardhop2023 to find all our creations and if you decide to join in we will be able to find yours too.  

I really appreciate your stopping by.

Love and hugs, 

card ingredients:

Most of the supplies I used are from Gina K Designs - 

Master Layouts 5 (for the circles)
Master Layouts 10 (for the banner)
Holiday Silhouettes for sentiment

Other products used:

Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card 
blue card from scrap bin
twine from packaging

10 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Great snowflake card! perfect for the upcoming holidays! The twine is just fine :)
Thank you for sharing you card at the TTTC!

brenda said...

An extremely elegant snowflake Christmas card, thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, I love this. All that dimension and texture is simply fabulous. Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Can You Handle the Pressure, I hope we see you back again soon.
Judy~ CYHTP DT Designer

Elaine Stark said...

What's not to love about this card Denise. Lovely textures and design. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

ClaireB said...

Fabulous card, simplecand elegant, love how youve decoratedthe inside too. Thanks for joining us at the Pearly Sparkles challenge this month Claire DT

Debbie Mageed said...

Beautiful holiday card! Love the pretty focal image and all of the wonderful texture. Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Deborah Wheeler said...

That is so beautiful Denise - I love the embossed background and your sentiment is just perfect for my 'peace' theme at Alphabet Challenge. Thanks for playing along!
Deborah DT

Billie A said...

Beautiful card. Love the the dies and layout. So glad you shared over at Alphabet challenge, Aud Sentiments

cass said...

Simple but oh so effective, love this card. Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for our Christmas/Winter challenge

Mrs.B said...

A lovely designed card.
Thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations. Avril x