My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 7 November 2023

Pink/blue & white card

Hello lovely friends; I hope you've had a great start to your week.  I hope you've managed to miss most of the really bad weather we've had recently.  It's been really wet and windy here but no damage thankfully; I really feel for the poor people in Jersey whose homes have been destroyed.  Nature is definitely a force to be reckoned with on times.  

On to happier things; I'm here to share a card I made recently for a crafty friend.  I saw the colour challenge over on the Less is More challenge so based my card on that.  Here is my card:
here is a close up of the sweet image:
I also decorated the inside:
plus I decorated the envelope (ignore the crease!):
I began by stamping by image and colouring with Promarkers and then fussy cut it out.  I put the image to one side and began decorating my panel.  I used a stencil with light blue ink, darker in the centre and fading out to white.  I stamped the sentiment on a thin strip of white card in pink ink (although it looks a little red in the photos) and placed this directly onto my panel with liquid glue.  The image was added over the sentiment with foam squares.  The panel was then added to the card base with liquid glue.  Very clean and simple for me and I had to control myself from adding anything else lol!  For the inside of my card I lightly ink blended the same blue ink around the whole of the panel and then use the same daisy stencil at the very bottom for some interest.  For the envelope I used the stencil on the bottom and on the lower part of the flap on the back.  I remember seeing in a Kristina Werner video to use distress micro glaze over your decorated envelopes to protect it from moisture so I tried it in view of the bad weather we'd been experiencing.  I did manage to crease the flap with my overly energetic rubbing but it was ok once the card was inside.  I wouldn't normally use pink and blue together but I think it turned out quite sweet.  Let me know what you think.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Less is More challenge - colour challenge - blue, pink & white
Addicted to Stamps & More challenge - make your mark (I used Promarkers)
Crafty Catz challenge - ATG with option of show some flowers
Mix it Up challenge - ATG with optional stamping (I used a red rubber stamp)
Triple B challenge - include birds, blooms or butterflies
NBUS challenge - never used this stamp or stencil before

I hope you have a wonderful week.  Thanks for stopping by.  I'll be back on Wednesday for Week 2 of the Winter Wonderland IG Hop so see you soon. 

Love and hugs, 

Card ingredients:

The Greeting Farm - Anya blooms *retired*
Tonic Studios - dreamy daisies stencil
Promarkers
Personal Impressions - Big sentiments 
Gina K Designs - birthday cheer stamp set (for inside greeting)
Gina K Designs - passionate pink ink pad & blue raspberry ink pad
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm white smooth card

5 comments:

Diane said...

Super cute image and pretty card!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

Alica said...

very cute! The stenciled background really makes the image pop. Have to try it sometime :)

Darnell said...

I agree that this image is the sweetest, Denise, and your coloring is wonderful! Great job with the subtle stenciling and with decorating the inside and the envie, too! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

tilly said...

very pretty colours for your card and the inside and envelope are nicely decorated, thank you for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge, Tilly

cass said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Café this month for our Flowers challenge.