My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 1 November 2023

Winter Wonderland IG Hop - week 1

Hello again friends; look at me, I haven't posted for ages and now 2 posts in one day lol!  I'm taking part in a Winter Wonderland Card Hop over on Instagram organised by my lovely friend Kelly.  Each Wednesday in November we will creating cards with a winter theme.  I needed this hop to kickstart my Christmas card production and at least I will have a few cards ready by the end of the hop!

Today is week 1 and our theme is 'Christmas trees'.  My mojo is still hiding from me so I again went CAS with my card.  I hope you like it:


here is a close up of the gorgeous tree:

I decorated the inside very simply this time:
I actually die cut a bunch of the trees last year but didn't get around to using them. Before inlaying the pieces back into the tree I ink blended each piece with a green ink (from a coordinating trio) to make an ombre colour tree and a bright yellow for the star (I should have masked off the top part of the tree but I think it looks ok all yellow).  I adhered the tree panel onto a slightly smaller white piece of card and then placed each ink blended piece back into the tree with liquid glue.  This panel was then adhered to a dark green panel with double sided tape.  This was then added to a white card base with double sided tape.  I stamped the sentiment with versamark ink and covered it with gold embossing powder before heat setting it.  I used the coordinating die to cut it out.  I added the sentiment with foam squares that I cut to be teeny tiny!  I finished off with a few gold pearls and my card was complete.  I'm really happy with the way it turned out and my goal is to use up all the trees I die cut last year for this year's cards but maybe in different colourways.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Allsorts challenge - embossing heat or dry (my sentiment is heat embossed)
Cut it Up challenge - add a sentiment (must include a die cut)
Just Us Girls challenge - CAS - use just the centre of your card
Pearly Sparkles challenge - Christmas/winter
Scrapping4fun challenge - traditional Christmas colours
SSS Wednesday challenge - emboss it (my sentiment is heat embossed)
The Sisterhood of Crafters challenge - get inky (I ink blended my tree pieces)

I hope you will be able to join us over on Instagram and follow the hop.  Please use the hashtag #winterwonderlandcardhop2023 to find all the participants creations and if you want to join in we can find your creations too.  

Enjoy the rest of your day and thank you so much for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 

card ingredients:

Gina K Designs - holiday silhouettes (for inside greetings)
Gina K Designs - wild dandelion ink pad
Gina K Designs - connect glue
Gina K Designs - blending brushes
Versamark ink pad
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm white smooth card 
dark green card from my scrap bin

11 comments:

Larelyn said...

Fabulous die cuts! Thank you for joining our Cut it Up "Add a Sentiment" challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous card!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Gerda

coldwaters2 said...

This is one super festive CAS style creation I love the tree and sentiment the little splash of gems make it look so professional thank you for joining us at Allsorts.
hugs
lolo x

brenda said...

Another pretty card, many thanks for sharing a second with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Nancy said...

I see no mojo lost, Denise! This card turned out fabulous! Love the variations of tone of the tree and of course, the yellow star and added bling. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls.

Dena J said...

I love this clever tree and beautiful CAS design. Graphic elegance, Denise. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

Ellibelle said...

So beautifully made in a CAS design, thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!

cass said...

Wonderful design, thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for our Christmas/Winter challenge

Lia said...

Yiu used a very stylish CAS christmastree and made a great card with it.
Lia DT S4F

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful Christmas card! I love the CAS and your Christmas tree.
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Hugs Rachelle
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

ClaireB said...

Great contemporary CAS design. Thanks for joining us at the Pearly Sparkles challenge this month Claire DT