My Lovely Followers

Thursday 8 June 2023

Seize the Birthday challenge

Hello friends, I hope you're having a great day.  I was lucky enough to win a recent challenge so I am guest designing (or the surprise guest as they call it) for the Seize the Birthday challenge this week.



The theme for this challenge is 'put your sentiment on a banner'.  I decided to use an image that already included a banner but you could make your own banner or use a banner strip.   I watched a YouTube video by Sam Calcott at Mixed Up Craft and she made a teepee card; it looked really fun so decided to have a go.  It's not 100% perfect but I am really happy with how it turned out.  There are lots of photos to show each side and how it lies flat.  Here is my teepee card:


close up of the adorable image:
This is where you would write your personal message:


and here is the other side:
 

here is it lying flat:


and here is how it would be in the envelope:


Isn't it just so much fun; I think all my cards will now be like this lol!  All you need is a velcro dot to keep it closed and it will stand up really nicely.  It is simply made with 3 x squares (any size) but I followed Sam's tutorial so mine were 5"x5" and it will fit in a 5"x7" envelope.  You can find the tutorial here.  I just matted and layered some kraft card and very old patterned paper, added my image onto a white circle and finally finished with some gold pearls.  The little butterflies were also from the stamp set.  All the images were coloured with Promarkers.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Little Red Dragon challenge - things that fly (hope my dinky little butterflies are ok)
Allsorts challenge - birthdays or ATG
Aud Sentiments challenge - fun folds and/or summer + a sentiment
Get Creative challenge - more than one fold

I hope you will find time to enter this fun challenge.  

Thanks for stopping by.
 

Card ingredients:

Neat & Tangled stamps - so foxy (no longer available)
Authentique - glowing 6 x 6 paper pack (no longer available)
Crafter's Companion - kraft cardstock
Gina K Designs - pearl mix (black, gold, silver)
Tonic Studios - basic circle dies
Clearly Besotted - mini messages (for sentiment)


18 comments:

Colleen said...

Denise, I love your shaped card, I will have to watch this tutorial, it is so unique! thank you for being our guest and a winner.. your little fox is so cute
You will inspire many folks with this card, I am sure! Have a blessed day! Heart Hugs, Colleen

Barbara said...

Welcome to our challenge Denise glad to see you here I love this unusual card I don't believe I have seen anything like it. So much for sharing it hope to see you soon eriod

Aunty Sue said...

Hi Denise now the proud owner of this card and I just love it. As for not being 100% I am not sure why I think it is. I love the fact is is so strong when assembled. Thank you and I love the challenge hope to join in. Off to checkout the tutorial

Vicki Dutcher said...

TOTAL CUTENESS! I love this fun shaped card - well done

Nancy said...

Denise, I have to tell you once more how fabulous this tent card is! That fox just puts a huge smile on my face. So happy you joined us!

JulieP said...

Wow! This is awesome Denise! Would you be so kind as to send me a link to the video you mentioned? I'd love a go at this but I don't think I can compete with this adorable fox. Thanks so much for being our guest here at STB!

Bonnie said...

This is so adorable, Denise! Your fox is colored beautifully and I LOVE that teepee card! Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot!

shirley-bee said...

What a fun card, Denise! I love the shape of it, will have to watch the tutorial. Great to have you guesting with us at STB.

Linda said...

What a fun shaped card with your adorable little fox on front carrying his banner. Congratulations on being our winner and Guest host on this Seize the Birthday challenge.

brenda said...

A colourful fun card, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Such a sweet little image and fabulous card fold. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Dena J said...

Love the bright color and that's a very clever fold! Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts.

JoAnn said...

Your little fox is so cute on your shaped card, very unique. The colors are perfect. Congrats on being a winner and being our guest for this challenge.

Cathy said...

Wow! What an amazing shaped card, it looks like a section of bunting/banner! Love the cute foxy image too, thankyou for being our guest at STB, Cathy x

Ellibelle said...

What a fun card design, I really want to give this a try. Thank you for sharing the link to the tutorial!
And thank you so much for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Ashwini Rao said...

What an adorable and fun card! I love the tepee and I love the colors of the tepee as well. Really cute! Thank you so much for this awesome inspiration!

Glenda J said...

This is such a fun card! Great colours and adorable image with lovely little details. So glad you could join us as our Surprise Party Guest at STB.

Helen said...

Fabulous construction and a really cute design.

Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Helen x
DT