My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 13 June 2023

CAS flower card

Hello again friends.  I hope you are doing ok and surviving this really hot and humid weather we're experiencing in the UK at the moment.  I have to be truthful; I don't like really hot weather so I've been struggling, the fans have be a lifesaver these past few weeks.  I like it dry and sunny but a little cooler would be better for me.  

Anyway enough waffling from me.  I'm back to share a CAS card that I made for a friends birthday.  I don't make CAS cards very often as too much white space makes me want to keep adding embellishments lol.  I managed to contain myself on this card and I think it looks ok.  

Here is my card:


I stamped the floral image with Memento tuxedo black ink and coloured it with Promarkers.  I added a little bit of gold gel pen to the centres of the smaller flowers, although it's hard to see in the photos.  I added a sentiment stamped in Versafine onyx black ink and a few black pearls.  I mounted the panel onto an aqua panel and then onto the card base and my card was done.  Very simple but it's surprising how long it actually took me to make it lol!

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Daisy Chain challenge - no design paper
Creative Inspirations challenge - something for the girls
Color Hues challenge - red and aqua

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me such lovely comments, I really appreciate them.  

Have a great week. 

Crafty hugs, 



Card ingredients:

SSS/Altenew Stamptember set - framed friendship (limited edition 2020 no longer available)
Promarkers
Kuretake Zig writer - gold
Gina K Designs - black, gold, silver pearl mix
Stampin' Up! - tempting turquoise card stock (retired)

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Your card is very pretty and so much better than okay. I too struggle with learning how to say when on CAS cards. Great job with our colors and I am sure your friend will love it. Thanks for playing at Color Hues and good luck with the heat, hope it calms down soon.

Cindy Beach said...

I just love this sweet birthday card, Denise. It is really hard to know when enough is enough, but your card is beautifully balanced and has lovely details in the focal point. Your coloring is fabulous too! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Stef Perry said...

Echoing Nancy and Cindy, I think your CAS design is wonderful, Denise, with just the perfect amount of bling to highlight the sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

Karen said...

We're all in agreement here---your CAS design is so lovely! The addition of the black pearls with your beautifully colored florals is just perfect! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Tracey McNeely said...

CAS cards are my jam and I think you did a fantastic job if it. Yes it's always tough to know when to stop adding, a little hint is to place the extra on the card with adhesive and see how you feel before adding glue. Back to your card, it's got all the elements of a CAS card, lots of white space and a dreamy focal point. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues.

Lisa said...

Super colors for this image and a very lovely card for a friend's birthday. Great CAS too.