My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 14 June 2023

Summer Crush Wednesday IG hop

Hello again friends; I hope you're having a wonderful week so far.  I was asked by my lovely crafty friend Kelly to join her Summer Crush Wednesday Instagram Hop.  This will run for 6 weeks, starting today, and we will have some fun themes and even some techniques I've never tried before.  If you would like to join in just use the hashtags #summercrushcardhop23 or #SCW23 and we will find your creation.  

This week is all about water fun - it is time to grab those watercolours, pigment powders, watercolour pencils, distress, oxide, inks anything where water is involved..  The theme is open as long as you have some water fun!

Here is my card:


For my card I used my Zig Clean Color Brush Markers to do my water-colouring.  I scribbled some colour from the marker onto my glass mat and sprayed with water.  I then picked up the colour with a paint brush and did some brush strokes across my card panel.  I used beige and blue colours to mimic the sand, sea and sky.  I then stamped the boat, birds and sentiment in Versafine black onyx ink.  Whilst letting that dry I die-cut the grandad sentiment and added it onto a banner before placing it below the stamped sentiment.  I added a few self adhesive dots and my card was done.  I enjoyed this technique and it was really easy to do but looks really effective I think.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Shopping our stash challenge - let's hear it for the boys
Pearly Sparkles challenge - make it masculine
Cardz 4 guyz challenge - father's day
Crafty calendar challenge - summertime (this weather is perfect for boating

Please pop over to Instagram and see what all the other participants have created and we cannot wait to see what water colour creations you come up with.   Don't forget to stop by again next Wednesday for week 2 and more summer fun crafting.  

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by. 

Lots of love, 



Card ingredients:

Gina K Designs - a time to coast stamp set
Gina K Designs - grand gentlemen (for the sentiment)
Crafter's Companion - grandad die cut
MFT - blueprints 27 (for the banners)
Crafter's Companion - kraft cardstock
Prima -Delights sugar dots (no longer available)

9 comments:

dj said...

Fantastic!! Beautifully done!! Thanks for playing along with our "Happy Father's Day" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz. This is sure to bring a smile to grandad!! -Deb Horst, DT #C4G324

dj said...

Totally missed that this card was also entered in the SOS challenge!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Your sail boat scene…perfect for our “Let’s Hear It For The Boys” challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. Thanks for sharing your creativity and playing along with our challenge!! -Deb Horst, DT #SOS498

Pamela said...

this is such a great and wonderful Father's day card for someone who love sailing, love the background. Thank you for joining us at C4Guyz

Wendy L said...

This is a beautiful card, thank you for joining us at the MAWTT challenge xx

Lisa said...

Great colors for that wonderful image and a super card for Father's Day.

Julie B said...

Great scene, a lovely tranquil scene. Thanks for linking up at Cardz4Guyz. :)

cass said...

Beautiful CAS card. Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for our Make it Masculine Challenge

Helen said...

What a beautiful peaceful scene you've created with your soft washes. A great card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at HLSWatercolour Challenge! Enjoy your day!! :)

Beverley said...

Gorgeous scene card. Thanks for joining in our challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Bev x