My Lovely Followers

Monday 19 June 2023

Father's day card for F-I-L

Hello friends, welcome to a brand new week!  I'm here to share the card I made for my father-in-law for Father's Day.  I loved the MFT sketch this week so that was my inspiration.  

Here is my card:


here is a close up of the cute critters:


I began by die cutting the city scene twice and adding yellow card behind one and grey card behind the other.  I wanted a sunray background but didn't have a stencil large enough for my 5 x 7 card so I used masking magic to create my own (it's a little bit lopsided but I think it looks ok).  The images were stamped and coloured with Promarkers and fussy cut out.  I stamped both the sentiments in Versafine onyx black ink and die cut them out.  I added the first city scene with liquid glue and added the second one over top with foam tape.  The image were added with foam tape and the strip sentiment and clouds were adhered with liquid glue.  The 2nd sentiment was also added with foam tape.  Quite a lot of dimension on this card but it looked really cool in real life.  

There are still lots of men/boy challenges around so my card fits into quite a lot this time:



Daisy Chain challenge - no design paper
Alphabet challenge - F is for flying 
SSS Wednesday challenge - lots of layers
Cutie Pie challenge - dads or lads
Fab 'n' Funky challenge - use a sentiment
MAWTT challenge - man/boy
Pearly Sparkles challenge - make it masculine
Shopping our Stash challenge - let's hear it for the boys

Phew!  That's a lot of challenges!  I don't think I've entered so many in one hit for a very long time.  

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me such lovely comments.  I really do appreciate it. 

Love and hugs, 



Card ingredients:

MFT - to the rescue stamp set
MFT - blueprints 13 (for circle dies)
Clearly Besotted Stamps - mini messages
Gina K Designs - masking magic strips
Gina K Designs - lemon drop and wild dandelion ink pads
Mama Elephant - confetti creative cuts (for small stars)


8 comments:

cass said...

Fun card. Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for our Make it Masculine Challenge

Pat K said...

What a great scene on this super Father's Day card. Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge. Pat K x

Melanie Hungerford said...

Love your Super Heros Father's Day card, so cute and great use of the stencil and those city dies. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Alphabet Challenge and at Cardz 4 Guys!

Wendy L said...

Love your card, thank you for joining us at the MAWTT challenge xx

dj said...

Adorable...those heros are saving the city!! Thanks for playing along with our "Happy Father's Day" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz. I am sure this brought a smile on Father's Day!! -Deb Horst, DT #C4G324

Pat said...

Lovely card, great colours and image, thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky.

Pat xx

Deborah Wheeler said...

I love this card - such a clever interpretation of our F for Flying theme! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge
Deborah DT

cheiro urgia said...

What a fun and unique Father's Day card. I love all the layering, especially the city silhouette. It's a wonderful contrast to the flying superheroes in the upper part of your creation. The sunrays in the background create a nice connection between those two parts of the card, and make your project look like something straight out of a comic book. The bold black frame brings everything together nicely. What an great gift for your father in law, you two must have a wonderful relationship. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

Hugs, Veronika