My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 21 June 2023

Summer Crush Wednesday - week 2

Hello again friends and welcome to week 2 of the Summer Crush Wednesday IG hop organised by my good friend Kelly.  The hop will run for 6 weeks (this is week 2) and we will have some fun themes and even some techniques I've never tried before!  If you would like to join us just use the hashtag #scwcardhop23 and we will find your creations.  This week is all about mermaids; you can make anything you like as long as you feature a mermaid.  


Here is my mermaid card:


and a closer look at my mermaid:


I stamped my image and coloured the pretty mermaid with Promarkers and die cut her with the matching die.  I then added some shimmer to her scales and bra.  The background was created with a stencil and inks and I also added some splatter.  I was going to lay her flat onto the background but decided to make a shaker card instead.  Firstly I die cut a circle from another panel and then stamped the sentiments onto it in black ink; for the middle sentiment I white heat embossed it onto coloured cardstock for some contrast.  I added some acetate and after choosing my sequin mix placed it on top of the stencilled panel with foam tape.  I finished off with some clear droplets.  It looks much nicer in real life but as usual my photography skills are lacking lol!

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Daisy Chain challenge - no design paper
Creative Inspirations challenge - something for the girls
Cardz for Galz challenge - use dies/punches
Papercraft challenge - girls, girls, girls 

Please pop over to Instagram to what the other hoppers have made and we cannot wait to see what you create.  Don't forget to stop by again next week for more summer fun crafting.  

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 



Honey Bee Stamps - swimming by stamp & matching die set
Taylored Expressions - sweet scallop stencil
Little Things from Lucy's Cards - various (swimming pool, peacock, crystal circles, raindrops)
Gina K Designs ink pads - applemint, sea glass, blue lagoon
Tonic Studios - circles layering basics
Promarkers



4 comments:

Lee said...

Oh that's the cutest mermaid! Love your coloring and the shaker! Thanks so much for joining us at Little Bit of Rainbow!

Lynda said...

What a lovely shaker - love the colour scheme. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Izzy Scrap said...

Adorable shaker card. This little mermaid will please the recipient, I'm sure. Love your design and colour combo too. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing at ATSM.

Inkyfingers said...

This is such a cute card, and I love the added shimmer. How clever to make it a shaker card and I really like how the background stencilling echoes the fish scales!
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.