My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 27 June 2023

Bright & cheerful card (and a sad life update)

Hello friends, I hope you're having a great day so far.  Before I share my card I wanted to give you a sad life update.  Skip ahead if you're only here for the card!

We've had a rough few days here - we had to say goodbye to our beautiful fur-baby Reggie.  After 11 years of faithful devotion and love, he finally succumbed to his health issues.  He took a turn for the worse on Saturday night and we had to make the dreadful but caring decision to let him go.  The last few years he has had lots of medication to take but he never complained and took everything in his stride.  He was a big softie and loved nothing more than eating and sleeping with the occasional walk of course.  Our lives are sadder without him; he was our shadow and wanted to be with us all the time.  The house feels empty and so quiet.  Here is our beautiful boy:


I'm trying to distract myself with crafting (although it's not really working) but made this card for a friend's birthday.  I was inspired to use the bright and cheerful colours from this month's SSS IG challenge which are orange, yellow and teal.  I used all products from Gina K Designs.  

Here is my card:


It's hard to tell in the photo but the background was created using one of Gina's new poly-glaze sheets; in real life it really shines and the gold is gorgeous.  I die cut and used the matching layering stencil to ink blend the flowers.  I cut 2 more plain die cuts and layered them together for dimension without using foam tape.  The sentiment was from a pre-printed sentiment sheet but I coloured it with the same yellow ink as I used for my ink blending.  I added the panel onto a piece of yellow card and added some gold pearls to finish.  A fairly simple card but it looks really pretty I think. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp IG challenge - summer color challenge
Krafty Chicks challenge - all occasions
Daisy Chain challenge - no design paper
Creative Inspirations challenge - something for the girls
Allsorts challenge - bunch of flowers
Triple B challenge - birds, butterflies or blooms
Stencil Fun challenge - use stencils - option layered stencils (I used a layering stencil)
Fab 'n' Funky challenge - use a sentiment
Papercraft challenges - girls, girls, girls

Thanks for stopping by; I really appreciate all your comments and your continued support. 

Have a great day. 

Love and hugs, 



Card ingredients:

Gina K Designs - Create Friendship layering bundle (now available individually)
Thermoweb (Icraft) deco foil sheets - gold
Gina K Designs - wild dandelion, tangerine twist and tranquil teal ink pads
Gina K Designs - blending brushes
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm bright white card for the card base
yellow card from stash

Please note: I always add links to where I bought my products (i.e. in this instance directly from Gina K Designs) but her products are available in UK stores - Bumbleberry Crafts and Dies to Die For.  I usually buy the bundles directly from Gina K Designs as they are such good value, even with the added postage.  

6 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Such a pretty floral card design and the colours are so bright and fresh. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
You gave Reggie a wonderful life with your family so although it it extremely sad please try to take solace and comfort from knowing this. xx
Lorraine

Mervi said...

Fabulous card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

So sorry about the loss of your precious Reggie! It’s never an easy decision to let your loved ones go. Hugs!!

Spectacular card! I’m delighted to have you playing with the Krafty Chicks All Occasions Challenge this week. Hope you join us again soon.
Diane - DT

Lisa said...

Love the colors with these beautiful flowers.

Doris P. said...

Oh wow! What a wonderful flowery card. Thanks for joining us at the Papercraft Challenge.

Joan said...

Belated visit from Try It On Tuesday just to say your card is lovely and thank you for joining in our challenge. Sorry for your loss, hard to lose such a faithful furry family member


Joan