My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 28 June 2023

Summer Crush Wednesday week 3

Hello again friends and welcome to week 3 of the Summer Crush Wednesday IG hop organised by my good friend Kelly.  The hop will run for 6 weeks (this is week 3) and we will have some fun themes and even some techniques I've never tried before!  If you would like to join us just use the hashtag #scwcardhop23 and we will find your creations.  This week is all about summer treats e.g. ice creams, lollies, cocktails, the list is endless.  

Here is my summer treat card:


Close up:

I was inspired by a beautiful card I saw on Pinterest by the very talented Kelly Latevola; she is a supreme colouring artist and made her card entirely with Copic markers.  I do not count myself as an artist but wanted to re-create her card so used die cuts and ink blending.  You can watch Kelly making her card over on YouTube here.   I began by making my 'bar' and I made the planks by swiping my ink pads over some kraft card using 4 different shades of brown.  I also highlighted some areas with a few brown Promarkers.  I then ink blended the background using 2 shades of brown for my sand and one blue for my sky.  I left a very small white area in between the colours for my surf.  I used some white pigment ink to stencil some clouds and also added it to the surf area.  I finished off the background by adding some splatter and 2 stamped birds.  The drinks and fruit were stamped and die cut and I added some shimmer to the drinks.  I also white heat embossed a sentiment.  Finally it was time to assemble; I added the bar with liquid glue into the corner of the panel and added the drinks on top (some with foam tape and some with liquid glue).  The sentiment was added with foam tape.  The panel was then added onto an A2 card base.  I am really happy with the finished result and it's perfect for this time of year.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Sweet Stampin' challenge - no designer paper

Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge - vacation

Crafty Calendar challenge - summertime

Double D challenge - color challenge (I've used yellow, blue and red)

Simply Create Too challenge - lazy days of summer

Please pop over to Instagram to see what the other participants of the hop have created; we cannot wait to see that you create.  Don't forget to stop by again next week for more summer fun creating.  

Have a great day and thank you so much for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 


card ingredients:

Clearly Besotted Stamps - raise a glass (retired)
MFT - cutest clouds ever (used to make a cloud stencil)
Gina K Designs - large strip sentiments
Gina K Designs - blending brushes
Gina K Designs - white detail embossing powder and white pigment ink cube
Crafter's Companion - kraft cardstock 280gsm
Promarkers


3 comments:

Chris said...

Now that's my kind of summer treat! Fabulous design and I love the theme. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Calendar and Sweet Stampin' Challenges.
Chris
x

Diane said...

What a refreshingly FUN and creative card!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th

Lisa said...

Great celebratory card for anyone. Love the scene and that wood is incredible.