My Lovely Followers

Saturday 1 July 2023

AAA birthday challenge - DT card

Good morning friends and welcome to July!  Another month has bitten the dust and we are bang in the middle of summer time now.  I'm back with my DT card for this month's AAA birthday challenge and this month our theme is 'butterflies' which has been chosen by Elaine.  Our guest designer this month is Janja so please pop over and say hello.  


For my card I am using a new to me stamp and die set from W Plus 9 and it is gorgeous.  I decided to make a shaker card and went very clean and simple on this one.  Here is what I made:


and a slightly closer look:


I began by die cutting the 'beautiful' word (which thankfully comes as one piece) from white cardstock and added acetate over the opening to make my shaker window.  I then took a sentiment stamp which actually said have a sweet birthday and masked off the bits I didn't need and stamped the words in Versafine onxy black ink.  I stamped the butterflies in Versamark and white heat embossed them and cut them out with the matching dies.  I also decided to soften them by die-cutting another of each butterfly in vellum and adding them on top.  I added foam tape to my white card panel and added the shaker mix before sealing it closed.  I finished off with some matching sequins and voila my card was done.  It turned out just as I wanted and I think the colours look really fresh.  

Please pop over to the blog to see the creations from the rest of the design team; you won't be disappointed.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Sweet Stampin' challenge - no designer paper (I stamped and heat embossed my butterflies before ink blending)
Addicted to CAS challenge - celebration (if my card isn't CAS enough please remove me)

Shopping Our Stash challenge - sentimentally yours
Papercraft challenges - girls, girls, girls
NBUS challenge - new stamp/die set

I really hope you can join us and cannot wait to see all your beautiful butterfly creations.  Please remember that we only accept birthday cards.  

I really appreciate you stopping by and leaving me such lovely and positive comments.  

Have a great day.  

Love and hugs, 



Card ingredients:

W Plus 9 - beautiful butterflies
MFT - sweet celebrations 
Heffy Doodle - white card
sequin mix from my stash (I think it was a freebie)



 


11 comments:

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Wow your butterflies are beautiful xx

Cardsbymaaike said...

gorgeous birthday shaker card, love the simple look of it

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful Shaker Birthday card!
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Hugs
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com
https://rachellescreations.blogspot.com

dj said...

Love that you made you cut out letters into a shaker card...brilliant!! Way to go shopping your stash!! So glad you played along with our “Sentimentally Yours” challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!!
-Deb Horst, DT #SOS499

Jane.D said...

What a beautiful shaker card, Denise! Love the colour palette! xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely card! Such a fun shaker too. Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Doris P. said...

Great idea! Love this clean image. Thanks for joining us at the Papercraft Challenge.

lauren bergold said...

what a BEAUTIFUL way to use the negative space of that gorgeous oversized sentiment! Awesome CAS shaker card right here! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (sentiment-centric!) STASH with us this time!

Carol said...

Definitely a beautiful pastel, CAS card. Love the movement of the butterflies and the shaker inside those cool letters! What a beauty! Thank you for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Darnell said...

Your vellum butterflies look so pretty landing on your card, Denise! It would be beautiful without it being a shaker card, but you went the extra mile and it's fantastic! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

K M Meena Herale said...

Awesome and stunning card, Thank you for Joining us at Scrapping4funChallenge and waiting to see you next time. Happy Crafting

Hugs
DT Meenaa Herale

https://cardscraftandart.blogspot.com