My Lovely Followers

Sunday 4 June 2023

My first pop up box card

Happy Sunday friends.  I hope you sun is shining where you are; it's a glorious day here in South Wales.  Today I'm sharing my first ever pop up box card that I made for my brother-in-law's birthday.  He has a shed/bar in the back garden and I thought it sort of looked like a bar when it was finished lol!  

It was quite difficult to photograph so my post is a bit photo heavy:




close up of the die cuts:


I did add a white panel at the back to write my message but forgot to take a photograph of that (I bet you're glad lol!).  I followed a tutorial by Sam Calcott at Mixed Up Crafts that I saw on YouTube, although I got scissor happy and accidently cut off the flaps at the front but I think for a masculine card it looks less fussy this way.  You can watch her video here.  I die cut lots of drink bottles, glasses etc and added them onto acetate strips so that they would look like they were floating.  I also added some extra stars to fill in the gaps.  The sentiment was stamped on a white panel and added to front of the pop up box.  The papers are from a very old 8"x 8" pad that I found in my stash.  It wasn't that difficult to make but I think it looks really effective.  I hope you like it too.  

I am entering the following challenges:

Seize the birthday challenge - make it pop (my card pops up)
Time Out Challenge - inspiration photo (inspired by the drinks)

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day and thank you so much for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 



Card ingredients:

Marianne Design - beer by Marleen (for drinks die cuts)
Gina K Designs - grand gentlemen (for the large sentiment)
MFT - blueprints 13 (for the stars) - retired
Apple Blossom - time for a beer (for the smaller round sentiment)
DCWV - the natural stack 8x8 paper pad (discontinued)



6 comments:

Wendy L said...

Love your card, wonderful design, thank you for joining us at the MAWTT challenge xx

Nancy said...

Well, if this is your first pop-up card you did a wonderful job! We don't often see masculine pop-up cards and your BIL is going to fee very special when he receives it. Thanks for taking the time to join us at Seize the Birthday!

Kate said...

What a wonderful treat for your BIL - love the bar and the great colour scheme! Thanks for taking some Time Out to create this beauty and share it with us at Time Out Challenges! Can't wait to see you in the gallery again soon!
Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!

Jenny L said...

Hi Denise,
what a brilliant male design and such fabulous elements used to create this.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Card Creator said...

I absolutely love this!!!! Thank you so much for joining in MTTC
~Tamara

Quillish said...

Soo fun and creative with such a detailed box card with all the goodness that your BIL loves. The floating elements look so cool and that you added stars - made it perfect. Thank you for joining us at Time out challenges, hugs ~ Ishani.