My Lovely Followers

Thursday 1 June 2023

AAA Birthday challenge - DT card

Good morning lovely friends and happy 1st of June.  I can't believe we are already in the 6th month of 2023 - where has the time gone?  

I am here today with my DT card for this month's AAA Birthday challenge.  This month our hostess is Deekshita and she has chosen 'water colours'.   The challenge lasts from 1st June - 30th June and it is for birthday cards only.  



I started my card with a completely different plan in my mind but I changed it after finishing my water colour background; the final result is not what I envisaged but I think it turned out ok.  


here is a closer look:


As I say I began by water colouring the background using my Gamsai Tambi water colours.  I was originally going to add a little critter image over the top but I didn't like it so searched through my stamps and found this beautiful Gina K Designs stamp which fit the shape I'd created perfectly.  I did use some clean water and 'bleached' out the flowers a little so that there would be some colour difference from the background.  I haven't made a circle card for such a long time and I thought it would be perfect for the wreath shape.  I used an old Go Kreate XXL circle die set but had to trim the black circle as the size difference was too big but don't look too closely as my border is a little wonky in places lol!  I finished off by adding a scripty sentiment and some black pearls.  The card base was created with the same larger circle dies and I added some extra interest with an embossing folder.  The finished card is 5 3/4" diameter.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

SSS Wednesday challenge - anything goes
Happy Little Stampers Watercolour challenge - ATG (option bright colours)
Can you handle the pressure challenge - ATG (option bird/birdhouses)
Allsorts challenge - anything goes (option use a stencil)

I hope you will have a chance to join in with our challenge this month.  Please pop over to the blog for all the details and to check out the wonderful creations from the rest of the DT.  We also have Ana as our guest designer this month.  

I cannot wait to see your amazing creations. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Crafty hugs and love, 


Card ingredients:


Gina K Designs - Kindness wreath stamp set (not sure if discontinued)
Gina K Designs - Spring floral BG stamp set (for sentiment)





Go Kreate XXL circle dies 
Gina K Designs - embellishment pearl mix
We R Memory Keepers sunburst EF (discontinued)


13 comments:

Deekshita Jaideep said...

Beautiful Card Denise 🤩 Loved the play of colors here with circle shaped card !!!

Liz said...

Lovely card, the colours are beautiful. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week. Good luck!
Liz xx

Cardsbymaaike said...

love rainbows and you can never go wrong with a rainbow anywhere, gorgeous card

Artocopia said...

Loved your gorgeous rainbow card!

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

fabulous colours used here love it x

The Dream Pages said...

Denise, it just so beautiful.. I always struggle with the choices.. so beautifully you have done..

Vicki said...

Beautiful water color background. Love the black floral image stamped over it. Thanks for sharing at the Double D, Flower Challenge.

Darlene said...

So creative and absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Co-Owner
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

PS ... thanks for also sharing this beauty with us over on our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge. Good Luck

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

What a wonderful project!! Great colours, I love the way they blend together. That was the perfect stamp set for this work of art. Thank you for sharing your project in the Krafty Chicks Challenge gallery.
Diane - DT

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love loose water coloring! This turned out really nice

Helen said...

Your beautiful watercolour washes lends itself perfectly to this pretty circular stamp! Amazing how plans change mid creation! Thanks so much for sharing with us at HLSWatercolour Challenge! Enjoy your day!! :)

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Beautiful background and going circular is a clever change! Thanks for playing at Happy Little Stampers. xoxo LynB