My Lovely Followers

Saturday 20 May 2023

Fairy birthday card

Happy Saturday friends.  I hope you're having a great start to your weekend.  The weather is glorious here in South Wales and for once I have an empty washing basket lol!  

I'm popping in today with a card I made a little while ago for a crafty friend using this adorable fairy stamp and matching die set (which includes the gorgeous frame die too).  

Here is the card:


here is a close up of the fairy:


I began by stamping the fairy with memento tuxedo black ink and colouring her with my promarkers; I also added some highlights with a white gel pen.  I then used the matching die to cut her out.  I die cut the frame 3 times from white card and glued them together for dimension and stability.  I placed the frame on to some very pale blue card and then onto purple cardstock to make a very small border.  The sentiment was stamped directly onto the background with blue ink. I finished off with some pearls and some dots which were done with a white gel pen and a yellow posca pen.  I also stamped a small dragonfly in the background.

I would like to enter my card into the following challengs:

Daisy chain challenge - for the girls
Allsorts challenge - absolutely anything goes (happy 14th birthday Allsorts)
Cardz for galz - backgrounds
Just us girls - mood board

Alphabet challenge - D is for dragonflies (I may be pushing my luck with my dinky dragonfly so please exclude if so)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and the weather is warm and sunny where you are too.  If not stay inside and craft lol!

I appreciate you stopping by.

Crafty hugs, 

Card ingredients:


Tonic Studios - I love you fairy much (? retired)
Sakura - white gelly roll 10 
Posca pen - yellow
Promarkers
Heffy Doodle - white card
Blue & purple card from my stash
Pearl mix - rainbow

8 comments:

Ellibelle said...

Such a cute girly card, love the frame around the fairy!
Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge and helping us celebrate 14 years of challenges!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

ElizStewart said...

Denise... this is a beautiful birthday card! Just love your sweet fairy. I am not 100% sure how it fits into the JUGS mood board, maybe next time you could add a notation in your list of what inspired you from JUGS. Love the card, and so appreciate you joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

brenda said...

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation at our 14th Birthday celebrations.

B x

Linby said...

What a beautiful set, especially the frame. You've used it brilliantly to make such a sweet card. Thanks so much for joining in with our 14th birthday celebration at Allsorts.

Bobby said...

I love the background you made for your darling fairy. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Pamela said...

what a fun and creative background for your fairy! Thank you for joining us at C4Galz background challenge!

Johanna said...

Thanks for participating in the current Cardz4galz challenge with this pretty creation. I'm not sure it fits into the theme as well as it should as your focal image, the fairy, is what the focus is whereas the theme is about backgrounds. That said she is a pretty fairy, nicely coloured and the white frame makes her stand out. Johanna DT

Lynda said...

Super card - and that little dinky dragonfly took a while to find - but it is there. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT