My Lovely Followers

Thursday 16 July 2020

Pretty butterflies

Hello again friends.  Well I finally had my hair cut yesterday and I feel so much better.  I always have a fringe but over the last 4 months I've had to endure it growing out and I hated it but now I have a fringe again and had about 3 inches cut off the length *yay*.  I know a lot of you are having hair cuts or due to have them so I know you appreciate how I feel.

I have a pretty butterfly card for you today and I ink blended the background using a masking stencil to ensure I had pristine borders.  I made this card for a neighbour whose birthday was last week.


Here's a close up of the card


I think ink blending is my favourite technique at the moment as it's relatively quick and gives amazing results.  After ink blending I again sprinkled water over the panel and dabbed with a piece of kitchen roll to achieve the splattered look.  The butterflies were coloured with promarkers, fussy cut and added to the panel with foam tape.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set and for a final touch I added some crystals.  

I love this colour combination and I hope you do too.  

I'm entering my card into the following challenges: 

Allsorts challenge - I spy with my little eye something beginning with B (butterflies)
CCC Digi Creations challenge - no patterned paper

I can't believe it's Thursday already.  I'm off from work this week and apart from having my hair cut and a little bit of organising in my craft room I haven't really achieved anything but it has been nice chilling out and having some extra crafting time.  

Take care and thanks for stopping by.




Card ingredients:

Jane's Doodles - doodle butterflies
Distress oxide inks in fossilised amber, mowed lawn and peacock feathers
Taylored Expressions - blender brushes
Taylored Expressions - masking stencils rectangle
Studio Katia - April (white diamond) crystals

4 comments:

Ellibelle said...

So very beautiful!
Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge!

anncreatief said...

Beautiful card!Thanks for playing our challenge at CCC Digi Creations. Stay safe and Good luck!
Anneke DT

Mervi said...

Cute and beautiful card.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more;-))m

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge with this entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x