My Lovely Followers

Sunday 12 July 2020

From your favourite friend!

Hello again lovely friends.  I thought I would share a bright and colourful card I made for a friend's birthday last week.  



I inked blended the background with distress oxides (which is one of Kristina Werner's oxide combos) and sprinkled with water for a fun splattered look.  I also sprinkled with perfect pearls for some added sparkly splatter. I used an image from Love Cynthia which I coloured with Promarkers and fussy cut.  I die cut the happy birthday from the ink blended panel and added some fog card stock behind for some contrast and added shimmer pen to the die cut sentiment.  I then added a secondary sentiment and a few sequins to finish off.  As the card ended up being a non-standard size (5x6) I made my own envelope and used a couple of Mama Makes stamps to decorate it. 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Unicorn challenge - food and/or drink (my image is holding a lollipop)
Allsorts challenge - I spy with my little eye something beginning with B (bright, birthday)

I hope you've had a great weekend.  I've had a great day as it's my birthday and I've done nothing at all 😀.  I've had a really relaxing day being spoilt by my hubby.  To top it off I have next week off from work so I don't even have to set my alarm tonight *yay*.

Thanks for stopping by and take care.



Card ingredients:

Distress Oxide inks in squeezed lemonade, carved pumpkin and barn door.
Ranger Perfect Pearls - in perfect pearl colour
Echo Park ombre collection 12x12 paper (for envelope)
Mama Makes journaling lines and happy mail stamps (for envelope)

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

A lovely bright and beautiful background and a really cute image. Thank you for joining our 'B' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

Mervi said...

Gorgeous bright colours.
Thank you for sharing your lovely card at Allsorts;-))m

cass said...

Cute card, great background. Thanks for joining us at The Unicorn Challenge Blog for our "Food and/or Drink" challenge.