My Lovely Followers

Monday 20 July 2020

Pet sympathy card

Unfortunately I've had to make 2 sympathy cards this week, one for a person and one for a pet.  They are sad cards to make aren't they.  I thought I would share the pet one today.  My lovely friend in work had to say goodbye to her beautiful dog Jenny last week and this is the card I made for her and her husband:

I also made my own envelope:

I ink blended the paw/heart stencil with some white ink onto red cardstock and adhered this to a white panel.  I die cut a white heart and a black dog (only using the dog part from the Waffle Flower 'rainbow bridge dog die') and added this to the panel.  I used a beautiful sentiment also from Waffle Flower and stamped it with Versafine onyx black ink.  I found this sweet 'bones' 12x12 paper in my stash (from many moons ago) and thought it would make the perfect envelope.  I also decorated the inside but I keep forgetting to take a photo until after I've already written on it!

It's such a hard thing to say goodbye to a pet, especially when they've been ill and you know the day is coming.  I'm sure my friend took some comfort in my card and even though I couldn't take the pain away she knew I was thinking of her and her husband. 

I'm going to enter this card into the following challenges:

CCC Digi Creations challenge - no patterned papers
Simon Says Stamp IG challenge - friendship (made for my friend)

I'm really struggling with my back at the moment, I was getting clothes out of the washing machine on Thursday and it suddenly gave way.  Over the years I've suffered with sciatica but this is a different type of pain so I think I must have pulled a muscle or something.  I'm taking paracetamol and using my heat-bag to try and ease the pain but it's really uncomfortable.  Fingers crossed it will get better in a few days.

Have a great week everyone and take care.



Card ingredients:
Waffle Flower - rainbow bridge dog die
Waffle Flower - rainbow bridge stamp
MFT - hearts a plenty dies
Taylored Expressions - sugar cube mini ink pad
We R Memory Keepers - envelope punch board


1 comment:

anncreatief said...

Beautiful card!Thanks for playing our challenge at CCC Digi Creations. Stay safe and Good luck!
Anneke DT