My Lovely Followers

Thursday 6 June 2024

Krafty Chicks challenge #719 - Stamps

Good morning friends; it's Thursday so that means it's time for a new challenge over at Krafty Chicks challenge.  As it's the start of the month we are back to Week 1 which means our theme this week is 'Stamps', so we would like to see a stamp/digi on your project. 
It was my brother-in-law's birthday recently and today I'm sharing the card I made for him.  He took his cards away on holiday with him so didn't fuss too much, although most men prefer this anyway I find.  
Here is my card:
A close up of the image:
I decorated the inside:
I began by stamping the image onto alcohol marker friendly card and coloured it with my Promarkers.  I also added some puffy stuff to make the foam look dimensional.  I cut it into a square and added a brown mat behind.  I had already created the background for a different project but hadn't used it.  It was simply a white panel with some black and gold splatter over it.  I again matted it onto a brown panel and adhered it to my card base with double sided tape.  I wanted to add some interest so took a strip of patterned paper, added a brown mat panel and adhered it to my background along the left side of the card.  I attached the image panel over top with foam squares.  I stamped the sentiment in black ink and cut it into a rectangle before adding a brown mat behind.  The was added to the card with double sided tape.  In the same stamp set as the beer glasses were some label type images and smaller bottle top style stamps.  I stamped them onto white card, inked them with a brown ink pad.  I fussy cut the label and used a small circle punch to cut out the smaller ones.  I added the label with foam squares and the circles with liquid glue.  For the inside I cut a white panel, simply added a strip of the patterned paper to the very bottom and added a strip of brown card above.  I adhered this onto a brown mat panel and stamped the sentiment in the centre with black ink.  I added one of the small punched circles to the bottom right corner.  The whole panel was then adhered to my card base with double sided tape.  The finished card is 5" x 7".  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Allsorts challenge - lots of layers
Classic Design challenge - ATG optional twist masculine
CRAFT challenge - masculine
Make My Monday challenge - B is for ...... birthday, beer, brother-in-law, brown

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'stamps' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - LeanneDiane and Lori and also our guest designer Rachelle, who is with us for another month.  

Thanks for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 
Card ingredients:
Apple Blossom - time for a beer stamp set - no longer available 
Clearly Besotted - happy birthday all - retired
Clearly Besotted Stamps - mini calligraphy - retired 
Woodware - tiny circle punch
DCWV - the natural stack 8"x8" cardstock pad - no longer available
Gina K Designs - charcoal brown card
Gina K Designs - warm cocoa ink pad
Versafine - onyx black ink pad
Promarkers
Inkylicious - fluffy puffy stuff

8 comments:

Leanne said...

Great stamps awesome card, love that coloring you do. Have a good day friend! Hugs, L

Linby said...

It's a great design with great use of the puffy stuff. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

Sarah said...

What a brilliant layered card for your Brother-in-law. The foam looks fantastic!! Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

meg said...

A great card for your brother in law,love the clean layout and the dimension on the foam,thank you for joining in at MMM

Johanna said...

Well you sure met the challenge with all your B's. Its a great card, nicely designed and perfect for a man. Thanks for joining us at MMM, Johanna DT

Liz said...

Great masculine card. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the Lots of Layers option.
Liz xx

Brenda said...

What a great masculine card. The image, the papers and the design are all perfect and so well done. Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

Becca S said...

Denise: thank you for sharing your birthday card with us at the expanded/revised Halloween and other occasions! We appreciate the masculine birthday card for your brother-in-law! --Becca