My Lovely Followers

Thursday 13 June 2024

Krafty Chicks challenge #720 - Christmas

Good morning lovely friends.  Firstly apologies for the lack of posts this week; it's been a bit of a busy week so crafting has taken a back seat.  However as it's Thursday it that means it's time for a new challenge over at Krafty Chicks challenge.  We are now on Week 2 which means I'm your hostess and our theme as always is 'Christmas', so grab your festive supplies and join in the fun with us. 
My card was inspired by one that Bev from Uniko Stamps made, although I embellished mine a bit more.  I wanted to make something in non-traditional colours for a change so went for a bright rainbow colour scheme. 
Here is my card:
A closer look at my 'tree':
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by stamping the sentiments in rainbow colours starting with red and working my way down to green and then fussy cut them out into strips.  I die cut a star from pink card and a square shape from blue card.  I wanted to emboss my background so cut a white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and ran it through my intri-cut machine with a Christmas tile embossing folder.  I thought the three looked a little lost on the background so cut a rectangle of vellum to add some interest and to soften the background.  I added the strips onto the vellum with foam tape to resemble a tree shape.  The embossed panel was added to my card base with double sided tape and the vellum rectangle was added with liquid glue.  I finished off with a few clear sequins.  For the inside I cut another white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and added a strip of embossed card to the very bottom and stamped the sentiment in black ink in the centre of the panel.  At the last moment I decided to add a pink star overlapping the embossed strip.  A fun card and I think it turned out super cute.  I hope you like it too. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

As You Like It challenge - with or without words (I always put a sentiment on the front of my card, even if it's only happy birthday and I don't think it looks finished without one)
Can You Handle The Pressure challenge - ATG with a twist of beach
Colorful Options challenge - aqua or rainbow colours
Craft Rocket challenge - no design papers
Dream Valley challenge - summer colours
Merry Little Christmas challenge - anything Christmas goes
Peace On Earth Christmas challenge - anything Christmas themed 
The Holly & Ivy Christmas challenge - anything Christmas goes
Unicorn challenge - embossing
Word Power challenge - make the sentiment the focus of your card

 I hope you will be able to join us for our 'Christmas' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - LeanneDiane and Lori and also our guest designer Rachelle.  

Thanks for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 
Card ingredients:
Spellbinders - essential rectangles (to cut the vellum)
MFT - blueprints 18 (for the star) - retired 
Paula Pascual - Christmas messages for inside sentiment - no longer available
Gina K Designs - ink pads - red hot, tangerine twist, wild dandelion, grass green
Stampin' Up! - card stock vellum - no longer available
pink and blue card from scraps bin

11 comments:

Leanne said...

Now this says WOW!! what an awesome card, I love the embossing background and the way you used the sentiments/tree perfect. Way to go friend. Have a good day, Hugs, L

Elaine Stark said...

A fabulous card Denise. It is detailed yet CAS. I love the inside too. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Lia said...

That christmastree is so original. A great design!!
Lia DT CYHTP

LeAnne said...

I just love this! Cute and clever and very cheery!

Diane said...

I absolutely LOVE this cheerful and cute holiday card!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Word Power, Peace On Earth and Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane WP, POE, CYHTP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Word Power}

Anita van Deur said...

Lovely design and great colors! Thank you for joining the Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge. Anita DT

Jane Savage said...

Love this creative card, great colours too!
Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations for our ‘Christmas in June’ Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

Rachelle Oltean said...

Hi Denise! This is such a great contemporary Christmas card design and I love the fact that you used a rainbow palette! It’s so pretty with the textured background panel! - Rachelle

Carol L said...

What a fun and cheerful little Christmas card! I love the colorful lines that create a little tree! Super cute card!

baileyrosy.com said...

Such a clever and modern Christmas card with fantastic colours and great texture. Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at Colorful Options.

Marie

Wendy L said...

Love your card, l9vely and colourful, thanks for joining us at the MAWTT challenge xx