My Lovely Followers

Saturday 15 June 2024

Christmas Kickstart challenge - reminder post

Good morning lovely friends and welcome to the weekend; I hope you had a great week.  I am back to share my second project as guest elf over at the Christmas Kickstart challenge for this month's theme of 'it's a gift'.  
As I made a card last time I thought I would shake it up a little and make a gift box.  I love decorating gift boxes and bags and I don't do it nearly often enough.  It's not much space to fill plus it's an adorable way of gifting something small.  
Here is my gift box:
A close look at the cute image:
I decorated the panels of the box:
I began by die cutting the gift box twice from kraft card and adhered them together with red line tape.  I forgot to decorate the box before I stuck it together so die cut the coordinating panels and stamped the present image in a light brown ink randomly all over to resemble patterned paper.  I attached all the panels with double sided tape.  I stamped the adorable image onto alcohol marker friendly card, coloured it with Promarkers and added a few highlights with a white gel pen.  I fussy cut the image as I don't have the coordinating dies for this set.  I cut a white panel with the die, stamped a present in the bottom left corner (which I coloured with Promarkers) and a sentiment in the upper left corner.  I attached the white panel onto the box with double sided tape and then adhered the penguin with foam squares.  I found some small wooden embellishments recently in my stash and thought the candy cane would be the perfect finishing touch so I tied a length of natural twine around the candy cane and then tied it to the handle of the box (it's only a loose knot so can be undone when the time comes to fill the box).  A really cute box and very easy to mass produce, especially if you remember to decorate the box before glueing it together!

I would like to enter my box into the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps & More challenge - die cuts and/or stencils
A Place to Start challenge - ATG optional twist anything but a card
Classic Design challenge - ATG option fancy fold (is a box a fancy fold?)
Craft Rocket challenge - no design paper 
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG must include an animal
Crafty Gals Corner challenge - ATG option fancy fold (is a box a fancy fold?)
Creative Inspirations challenge - Christmas in June 
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured critter
I Love Promarkers challenge - ATG option use sepia colours
The Holly & Ivy Christmas challenge - anything Christmas goes
Triple B challenge - use at least one bird, bloom or butterfly (a penguin is a flightless bird)

I hope you can join in with the challenge; I can't wait to see your creations in the linky. Jo does a great job running the blog singlehandedly (with just her guest elves) so please pop over and check out her gorgeous card and leave her some love too.  I would like to take this opportunity to thank Jo for asking me to be a guest this month; it's been a delight being an elf and maybe one day I can join you again Jo.  

Have a wonderful weekend and thank you so much for stopping by. 

Box ingredients:
MFT - sweet holiday penguins stamps - retired
Crafter's Companion - Neenah desert storm card
Promarkers
Versafine - onyx black ink pad
The Works - box of Christmas wooden embellishments (bought last year)
twine from stash

3 comments:

María said...

This box is awesome. I love how you've decorated it with the present stamp and that little penguin is adorable. The colouring is great. Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft. Hugs, María.

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

So so adorable! The box is a wonderful way of displaying this image! Thank you for joining us this week at
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges .
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Blessings! Jeanie Ellis, DT, Crafty Gals Corner
www.craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.com

Silke said...

Such a beautiful gift box. Love this little cute penguin and your great colouring. Well done. Many thanks for joining us at Creative Friday.
Hugs, Silke