My Lovely Followers

Saturday 18 May 2024

We Love Stamping challenge - reminder post

Good morning lovely friends and happy Saturday.  As you may remember I'm a guest designer this month for the We Love Stamping challenge and today I get to share the second card I made for their 'vintage' theme.  As I made a masculine card the first time around I decided to make a feminine version this time.  I didn't have anyone in mind when I made this card so I just went with the flow.

Here is my card:
A close up of the image:
I decorated the inside:
I somehow managed to get ink on the back of my card so decorated that too to hide it!
I began by making my own 5" x 7" card base from a dusky rose colour of card.  I stamped my image onto some pretty patterned paper using a brown ink pad and distressed the edges with a slightly darker brown ink.  There were already some pink highlights in the paper so I added some extra pink highlights to her dress and the flowers with a rose pink ink pad.  I also added some stickles to the flowers for some sparkle.  As this panel was only patterned paper I added some scrap card behind for added stability.  I cut a panel of kraft card and used an embossing folder to add some texture before inking the edges with a dark brown ink pad.  I added this panel to my card base with double sided tape.   I cut 2 postcards from another sheet of patterned paper, distressed the edges with the brown ink and added them to the embossed panel with double sided tape. I also fussy cut some roses from the patterned paper and also added them to the card base with double sided tape.  I die cut the mini ticket die from cream card and distressed it with the rose pink ink pad.  This was added to the left side of the panel with double sided tape.  I added the image panel with foam tape in the centre of the card.  I stamped, lightly coloured and fussy cut the butterfly, added some stickles and placed it on the left corner of the image panel with a foam square.  I die cut 2 buttons from kraft card, lightly inked them with brown ink, threaded them with some natural twine and added them to the top right and bottom right corners with a foam square.  Finally I stamped the sentiment in brown ink, used the matching die to cut it out and lightly inked it with the rose pink ink.  I added this to the bottom left corner of the image panel with liquid glue.  For the inside I took a panel of cream card, distressed the edges with brown ink and stamped my sentiment in the centre.  I added a strip of the patterned paper to the bottom and added another button and a postage stamp that I cut from the same paper that the postcards came from.  This was adhered to a kraft panel and added to my card base with double sided tape.  I realised at the end that I had gotten some brown ink onto the back of my card so took another piece of the patterned paper and covered it.  The paper wasn't quite big enough so used another matching piece and added a strip of kraft card to cover the join.  As I said before, vintage is not really my favourite theme but I think it turned out ok. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Allsorts challenge - ATG (happy 15th birthday Allsorts!)
A Place to Start challenge - ATG optional twist for a lady
Papercraft challenges - flower power
Triple B challenge - use birds, blooms or butterflies optional mood board
Unicorn challenge - for the girls

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Brenda and all of the DT over at We Love Stamping challenge for having me as their guest this month and for leaving me such lovely comments.  I had a fun time making my cards and it definitely took me out of my comfort zone.  

I hope you will have a chance to check out the challenge and look forward to seeing your creations in the linky.  Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend. 

Love and hugs, 

Card ingredients:
Kanban - A6 floral frame stamp (from a very old kit from QVC)
Gina K Designs - Master Layouts 4 (for buttons)
Gina K Designs - Wonderfully Made (for butterfly)
Gina K Designs - Fancy phrases & matching die (for birthday sentiment)
Gina K Designs - birthday cheer (for inside sentiment)
Gina K Designs - ink pads - warm cocoa, dusty rose, dark chocolate
MFT - mini ticket border die (retired)
Vintage 6"x6" paper pad (? from Home Bargains)
Lidl - Crelando 270gsm coloured card
Versafine Clair - acorn ink pad

14 comments:

brenda said...

Your pulled another beauty out of the bag Denise, a gorgeous Vintage feminine card and perfect for our theme at We Love Stamping May challenge. Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer, it's been lovely to have you with us.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It a fabulous vintage card Denise, and love brown and pink colours combo, so feminine. Lots of interesting details to see here!
I very often go with the flow, love seeing the card that grows freely, and it always asks for adding bits & pieces... the best part for me! LOL :D And often there are unexpected events like inks or glue on the back... You solved the ooops very well, and the brown stripe to cover the join is just perfect, it seems a wanted part of the design!
Thanks for being our GD this month, so appreciated!

Sarn said...

Gorgeous inside and out.
Thanks for joining in at Allsorts on this special birthday week. X

Dena J said...

So pretty! I love the neutral and pinks together - elegant card, Denise! Thank you so much for sharing your card at Allsorts.

Francesca said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start!

Karen P said...

Such a gorgeous card. I love the combination of dusky rose pink and brown for vintage themed cards too. Thank you for being Guest DT this month Karen x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Denise. I love the subtle colours and the stamp is lovely. Thank you for joining us this month as a GDT.
Hugs
Cathy
XXXXX

HilaryJane said...

Your card is very feminine and beautiful. I am very impressed that you even decorated the back. What a great save that was. The strip of kraft card doesn't look at all out of place. Great idea. Thanks for being our guest designer this month. It has been a pleasure to have you join us xx

Sarah said...

Thank you for sharing our celebrations at Allsorts with this gorgeous card. Sarah

Mervi said...

Gorgeous vintage card, thanks for being our GDT at We Love Stamping.
Thank you for celebrating Allsorts Challenge this week;-))m

Izzy Scrap said...

Very beautiful and delicate with those pretty soft colours. Gorgeous design too. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing at ATSM.

Catie Cuddles said...

Beautiful card.
Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Jenny L said...

Hi Denise,
another fabulous card and beautiful design also.
Love the colours.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L DT

Maikreations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.