My Lovely Followers

Thursday 16 May 2024

Krafty Chicks challenge #716 - CAS

Good morning friends and welcome back to my corner of blogland.  I'm back again this morning with my card for this week's Krafty Chicks challenge.  This week is Week 3, Diane is our hostess and as always our theme is 'CAS' (clean and simple).  

My card is very clean and simple today and uses very limited supplies.  I hope you like it. 
Here is my card:
A closer look at the details:
I decorated the inside as usual:
I began by cutting a white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and stamped the flower images along the left edge in black ink.  I stamped the sentiment in the same black ink about 2/3rds down on the right hand side.  I die cut 3 butterflies from hot pink card and used an embossing folder to add some texture to them.  I adhered two butterflies to the front with liquid glue.  No embellishments or any extras this time to keep it a traditional CAS design.  For the inside I cut a white panel 3 3/4" x 5" and stamped a sentiment in the centre with black ink.  I then simply added the third butterfly to the bottom right corner.  I wish I'd stamped a portion of the flower in the corner also but I didn't think of it at the time, although I could still alter it I suppose.  I added the white panel onto a mat layer cut from the hot pink card and adhered it to my card base with double sided tape.  This was one of the quickest cards I've ever made and would be a good one to mass produce in different colours I think.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

AAA Cards challenge - anything birthday goes (must be CAS)
Allsorts challenge - spots and/or stripes (I have embossed dots on my butterflies)
A Place to Start challenge - ATG optional twist for a lady
Aud Sentiments challenge - foiling and/or flowers + sentiment
Beautiful Blossoms challenge - Anything floral goes optional mood board
Can You Handle The Pressure challenge - must use an EF optional theme flowers
Double D challenge - polka dots (I have embossed dots on my butterflies)
Papercraft challenges - flower power
Simply Clean and Simple challenge - anything CAS goes optional theme flowers
The Paper Funday challenge - ATG optional theme flower shoppe
Triple B challenge - must use at least one bird, blooms or butterflies optional mood board
Unicorn challenge - for the girls

Wow there are a lot of flower/female themed challenges around at the moment.  Must be because of Mother's Day in the US.  

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'CAS' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - LeanneDiane and Lori and also our guest designer for May, Rachelle

Thanks for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 
Card ingredients:
Uniko Stamps - Wonderful day stamp set (for inside sentiment)
Versafine - onyx black ink pad

21 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful CAS style creation I love the floral stamp you have used and then the butterflies it really makes a statement thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

Heather said...

So very pretty, a lovely CAS style - love those pops of color over the off the edge stamping! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Magnificent!! That peony surely takes the show. How hard was it to NOT add colour to it??? The pop of hot pink butterflies though...and they're embossed too, so next level!

Gail L said...

Elegant CAS card!
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week!

sentsue said...

Beautiful card. I love the simple black and white with the pop of color butterflies. Thank you for sharing your work on the AAA Cards Challenge.

StampinwithAnita said...

Lovely card and perfect when you need a quick card! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge this month!

Leanne said...

Love this, great card, a nice layout, and the black flower stamp works awesome the PINK is gorgeous on here. I like these butterflies. So nice friend, hugs, L

brenda said...

Very striking with the mono stamping and the Butterflies for a pop of colour, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely CAS design with the bold stamping and pop of colour. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Diane said...

A beautifully designed card!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Beautiful Blossoms, The Sisterhood of Crafters, Triple B Can You Handle The Pressure and Double D!
Diane BB, TSH DT and CYHTP, TB, DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Beautiful Blossoms}

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous CAS design, I love the Pop of color. Thanks for playing along at The Beautiful Blossoms and Paper Funday Challenges. We look forward to seeing more of your lovely designs soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge

Darlene said...

Oh Denise this is simply beautiful inside and out! What a fabulous design idea! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B, CYHTP, Sisterhood of Crafter and Double D challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Barbara said...

I really am a fan of clean and simple cards and this is a great example of how beautiful one can be. I just love those tiny little polka dot butterflies the perfect choice for this card. Thank you so much for joining us at Double D Challenge

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Jane Savage said...

Such a stunning, elegant card!
Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations for our ‘Feminine’ Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

kareN stampZ said...

Denise this is so fabulous I do love how elegant it all looks, the wee pops of red are fab and it's great seeing inside the card too. Thanks for celebrating with us at AAA Cards as we turn 10. Your support is really appreciated.

Kristin Sluhan said...

Wow...this is so beautiful! I adore the black stamped image with the pops of pink. Really smart card design! We love seeing your work in our gallery, so glad you joined us! Kristin CAS on Friday DT

Jenny L said...

Hi Denise,
what a very wonderful card and a brill design also.
Love the butterflies.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

crafty said...

Lovely design. Thank you for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments.
Mary

Maikreations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maikreations said...

Such a wonderful and elegant "Flower Power" design! The black and white with the two specks of colour looks awesome! Thank you for playing along in our challenge over at Papercraft Challenges. Have a fabulous day and happy crafting, Maike