My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 21 May 2024

Happy World Bee Day

Hello friends; I hope you've had a brilliant start to your week.  I didn't realise until late today that it is World Bee Day so thought it would be fun to make a bee themed card.  I used the sketch from the current MFT sketch challenge and usually I would always exclusively use MFT products I couldn't find an MFT bee image in my stash so had to use images from another company.  Everything else however is MFT, even if it's a retired product from them.  

Here is my card:
A close up:
I decorated the inside:
I began by stamping the cute images onto alcohol marker friendly card using memento ink.  I coloured them with Promarkers and cut them out with the coordinating dies.  I die cut the frame from black card and cut a white panel to fit behind it.  I found a hexagon stencil and using yellow ink partially stencilled the background.  I added the branch behind the frame before glueing it to the white stencilled panel with liquid glue.  I added the hive with liquid glue and the bees with foam squares.  To create my 'punny' sentiment I die cut the BEE letters from white card and ink blended just the bottom portion to create an ombre look.  I masked off part of the happy birthday stamp so that I only stamped the HAP, added the die cut letters with liquid glue and then masked the sentiment again and stamped the birthday word.  The panel was then added to the card base with foam tape.  I added shimmer pen to the bees wings and a scattering of black sequins and the front was complete.  For the inside I stencilled the hexagon pattern using yellow ink along the bottom of my white panel and stamped a bee overtop in black ink.  I stamped my sentiment in black ink in the centre of the panel.  The white panel was then adhered to a black mat panel with double sided tape and this was added to the card base also with double sided tape.   A fun and happy card today and I hope you like it.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

MFT - sketch challenge #698
Cardz 4 Galz challenge - World Bee Day
Crafter's Cafe challenge - smile, be happy (the bees look happy and this card makes me smile)
Crafty Animals challenge - must include an animal (or insect)
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured animal (or insect)
I Love Promarkers challenge - ATG optional theme: cute
NBUS - never used my bee stamps before
Simply Create Too challenge - add an animal (or any living creature)
Stencil Fun challenge - must use a stencil optional theme: girly

I will be back on Wednesday with the next instalment of the Mini Card challenge IG Hop so I hope you will be able to come back again and check it out.  Until then thanks for stopping by.

Love and hugs, 

MFT - essential cover up - vertical die (retired)
MFT - old friends stamp (for happy birthday sentiment)
MFT - little letters die-namics (retired)
MFT - everything wonderful stamp (for inside sentiment)
Clearly Besotted Stamps - cute as a bug stamp & dies (retired)
Crafters Workshop - punchinella stencil (no longer available)
Gina K Designs - ink pads - wild dandelion, lemon drop, sweet corn
Gina K Designs - blending brushes standard and detail
Promarkers
Versafine - onyx black ink

14 comments:

Gail said...

What a bright fun card!
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week!
Happy World Bee Day!

Sharon Noble said...

Great card thank you for joining us at https://ilovepromarkers.blogspot.com/ big hugs Sharon DT

brenda said...

I didn't realise either until I saw a card on a blog yesterday! Your card is a perfect reflection and so sunny, many thanks for joining in the fun at our 15th Birthday celebrations at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Sarn said...

Brilliant bee card. Didn’t know it was Bee Day so thanks for enlightening me!!!

With my GD hat on, I’d like to thank you for joining in the birthday celebrations at Allsorts. x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

These little bees are adorable and a fabulous themed design. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Ellibelle said...

What a fun stamp set and beautifully done card!
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge as we celebrate 15 years of challenges!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous - I love bees, Jo x

Sheryl said...

Such happy little bees.Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

Taty said...

wow the card is beautiful I love the background and the fabulous bees flying congratulations. Good luck. Thanks for joining the Craft Challenge Taty x DT

Inkyfingers said...

What an adorable design, Denise! Those bees are so cute and I love that the inside is as lovely as the front of the card. Great job!
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
Hugs
Carol x

Izzy Scrap said...

Another beautiful creation and this time with an adorable design with these cute bees. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing (again) at ATSM.

Billie A said...

Love this card. Nice bright colors and cute happy bees. thanks for sharing over at Cardz 4 Galz

Card Creator said...

Hello my crafty friend! This is so cute and makes my heart happy. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful bee and as always your creativity here with us at My Time to Craft

~Tamara

sweetpea said...

A really fun card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Critter Crazy challenge Janet DT.