My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 22 May 2024

Mini Card Challenge - IG Hop - Week 2

Hello friends and happy Hump Day.  I trust your week has been good so far.  I'm back to share this week's card for the Mini Card challenge IG Hop, which has been organised by my lovely friend Kelly. It's a chance to keep us occupied and our creativity flowing before the Summer 2024 Hop begins. 
This week we want you to 'Go with the Faux' lol!  We are creating cards/projects with a faux (creative imitation) aspect.   I mulled over a few different techniques before deciding on a faux embossed background using die cuts.  It takes longer than using an embossing folder but you can create a totally unique background just using your dies.  
Here is my card:
A closer look at the adorable image:
A pic of my card with a few of the die cuts:
I decorated the inside:
I began by cutting a white card panel 4" x 5 1/4" and then die cut lots of flowers and leaves from the same white card.  I laid them onto the panel in a somewhat random pattern and by using a couple of strips of memo tape it allowed me to keep them in place so that I could add liquid glue behind.  I placed it carefully back onto the card and left it for a few minutes for the glue to dry.  In the meantime I stamped my image onto alcohol marker friendly card and coloured it with my Promarkers.  As it's a wood stamp I don't have a matching die and didn't feel like fussy cutting so used a rounded rectangle die to cut it out.  I used the size bigger die and cut one from vellum too; I adhered these together with double sided tape.  I stamped the sentiment onto white card and cut it out with a sentiment strip die.  I added the panel to the card base with foam tape and the image panel was also added with foam tape.  I debated about where to place the sentiment but it only looked right under the image so also added that with foam tape, just overlapping the layers.  I didn't add any embellishments as I felt I'd covered up a lot of my background already and wanted that to be the star of the show.  For the inside I cut another white panel 4" x 5 1/4" and repeated the process of adding the die cuts, but this time just to the lower third.  I added an embossed line but wish I had left it without now as it doesn't really add anything but it looks ok.  I stamped the sentiment in the upper centre with black ink and added the panel to the card base with double sided tape.  I really like the clean design of the background paired with the colourful image.  I hope you like it.  

I would like to enter the following challenges:

AAA Colourful challenge - Colourboard #4
A Place to Start challenge - ATG optional twist: for a lady
As You Like It challenge - favourite sketch (and why) - if I'm sure what to do I always add a panel in the centre of my card as it's a versatile layout and pleasing to the eye
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG - must include an animal
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured animal
Cut It Up challenge - send me flowers
Day of The Month Card Club challenge - 'VAPPU' spring festival (anything spring theme)
Papercraft challenges - flower power
Penny Black Saturday challenge - ATG option: pastel colours
Triple B challenge - use at least one bird, bloom or butterflies plus optional moodboard

If you would like to follow the hop over on Instagram please use the hashtag #minicardchallenges to find us or alternatively visit my profile and you will find the list of participants on my post.  We would love it if you would give the mixed up challenges a try and again use the hashtag and we will find your projects. 

Enjoy the rest of your day and thank you for stopping by. 

Love and hugs,

Card ingredients:
Penny Black Stamps - greetings 3706H wood block stamp (I've seen some on eBay)
Gina K Designs - exclusive dies that came with the Intri-cut machine
Gina K Designs - sentiment strips dies
Gina K Designs - enjoyable greetings stamp (for inside sentiment)
MFT - stitched rounded rectangle stax dies (retired)
Promarkers
Heffy Doodle - memo tape
Stampin' Up! - cardstock vellum
Versafine - onyx black ink pad

13 comments:

brenda said...

A really sweet card using the PB Hedgie, lovely to see you at Allsorts 15th Birthday celebrations, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Elaine Stark said...

Adorable. I love the die cut background, simple but very effective. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Uschi said...

Great, adorable image. I love the Penny Black stamps too. That hedgehog is so cute with the smile on his face. And the colors are great too. I also love that embossed background. It goes so well with the image. And the rounded edges look so friendly on your card.
Thank you for sharing this beautiful card with the latest Critter Crazy challenge.
Hugs, Uschi

Ellibelle said...

This is so sweet and beautifully created! Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

ELFi said...

Oh my God . . . I love your card with this sweet hedgehog and thanks for joining us at DotMCC!
11i

Linby said...

Such a sweet image and it looks lovely on the EF background in white. Thanks for playing along with us for our 15th birthday at Allsorts.

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful creation! I love sweet imag. The die cut background is just gorgeous! Beautiful colouring!
Thanks for playing at I love Promarkers Challenge. Ileanaxx

Becca Sadler said...

Denise: Everyone has to love a hedgehog!!! Too cute!!! Thanks for sharing all that cuteness with us at MTTC! --Becca

Helen said...

Very cute image and what a great way to make your background too.

Thanks for joining us at the Cut It Up Challenge.

Helen x
DT

My Paper Epiphany said...

Very sweet card and great colouring! I love the embossing on the inside too. Thanks for joining us at PBSC:)

Maikreations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine said...

The image is adorable and you have colored it perfectly . I love the embossed background too. Thank you for participating in the AAA Colourful challenge. We hope you will join again!

Maikreations said...

Such a super sweet image and card and absolutely perfect for our "Flower Power" challenge! Thank you so much for playing along in our challenge over at Papercraft Challenges. Have a fabulous day and happy crafting, Maike