My Lovely Followers

Sunday 5 May 2024

We Love Stamping challenge - guest designer

Good morning lovely friends; I hope you've had a great start to your weekend and of course the added bonus if you live in the UK is an extra day off tomorrow for the Bank Holiday (apologies if you have to work).  The sun was actually warm and shiny here yesterday so fingers crossed it appears today; although we can rarely string two days together at the moment. 

I am delighted and honoured to be a guest designer over at the We Love Stamping challenge this month so I'll be sharing a card today and also another card in two weeks time.  The theme for this month has been chosen by Lynn and is 'Vintage'.   There are some fantastic prizes up for grabs courtesy of Lisa Horton Crafts.  

Now I have to admit that my heart sank when I read the theme as vintage is not really my thing but hey that is what a challenge is all about isn't it.  I used the opportunity to make a birthday card for my Father in Law for this first card and I was really happy with the finished result.  
Here is my card:
A close up of the image:
Of course I decorated the inside:

I began by stamping the car image onto cream card with a brown ink; I cut it out, inked around the edges and also distressed the edges with a edge distressed (which I did to most of my edges).  I stamped the map background in the same way and again inked and distressed the edges.  I used a newspaper style patterned paper for my background and added that to my card base with double sided tape.  The postcards were cut from a piece of patterned paper, inked and distressed along with the circular piece.  The tickets were cut with two different types of dies and again inked with various colours of ink.  I stamped one with a coordinating sentiment.  The letters were die cut from brown card and stacked 3 high for some dimension.  I stamped the happy birthday sentiment with brown ink onto cream card, inked and distressed and cut out with a sentiment strip.  The hardest bit was figuring out placement on the card and I have to say it took me a good while of moving and changing my mind before I came to the final result.  Most things were added with double sided tape except the car image, sentiment and circle embellishment which were added with foam tape and the DAD letters with liquid glue.  For the inside I used the same newspaper patterned paper for my background, I stamped a postcard onto cream card and again inked and distressed it.  I die cut a few more tickets and stamped my sentiment into the centre of a cream rectangle which was inked and distressed.  Everything on the inside was adhered with double sided tape.  I think it is the perfect card for an older gentleman and although I went a bit mad with the inking and distressing I think it turned out ok. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Alphabet challenge - C is for cars
Classic Design challenge - ATG optional twist happy birthday
Cut It Up challenge - add a sentiment
The Male Room challenge - trains, planes and automobiles
As I said I will be back with my second card on the 18th May.  I hope you can play along with the challenge and I cannot wait to see all your vintage projects in the linky.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thank you so much for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 

Card ingredients:
Car Stamp - from Amazon (was a set of 4 stamps)
MFT - little letters die (retired)
MFT - mini ticket strip border (retired)
Whimsy Stamps - ticket sentiments & friendship ticket sentiments stamps (retired)
Gina K Designs - flowing florals (for happy birthday)
Woodware Stamps - one for the boys (for inside sentiment)
Versafine Clair - acorn ink pad
Lidl - Crelando 270gsm coloured card (available in store)
Postcard stamp - unknown brand
Heidi Swapp - edge distresser (discontinued)

8 comments:

Mervi said...

Gorgeous vintage card.
Thank you for being GDT at We Love Stamping this May;-))m

HilaryJane said...

Welcome to the we love stamping design team. We are very pleased to have you join us for May. Considering you don't think vintage is your thing I think you have done an amazing job. Your card is full of excellent vintage elements. I love the inside too. Great job xx

brenda said...

Your not alone on your thoughts on Vintage, I am much the same but as they say, that's the challenge. And you rose to it beautifully here with this super masculine card.

Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer this month.

B x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is lovely Denise. Thank you for joining us this month as our guest designer. Now you have dipped your toe into Vintage I am sure you will do some more as you have done so well.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! Amazing! Love so much everything about your vintage card! So much to see, it's full of fabulous details!
Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at We Love Stamping as May GD!!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Well one would think vintage was your natural style, this turned out great! Thanks for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Sue said...

Stunning vintage card and thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar hugs x

cheiro urgia said...

What a wonderful masculine vintage birthday card! I love the image of the car, and how you worked your way around it with bits and pieces that tell a story of traveling in the old days. The piece of an old book is a perfect background for your project, and the amount layers you placed onto it is just great. I also like how you embellished the inside of your card as well, and how well that page matches the motif in the front. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

Hugs, Veronika