My Lovely Followers

Thursday 9 May 2024

Krafty Chicks challenge #715 - Christmas

Good morning lovely friends; I hope you're having a brilliant week so far.  Well the weather here has 
been glorious this week so I've nothing to complain about lol!  I even have an (almost) empty washing basket - which makes me very happy!  

It's the start of a brand new challenge over at Krafty Chicks challenge and this week is Week 2 and as always I am the hostess.  For this week's challenge it's all about Christmas so grab your festive supplies and beat the rush in December.
I decided to dig out an old wood rubber stamp and show it some love.  I have a drawer full and they are so lovely that I feel bad neglecting them.  I must start making an effort to use them in the coming weeks.  
Here is my card:
A close up of the image:
I decorated the inside (not sure why the gold edge looks so wonky, it doesn't look like that in real life):
I began by stamping the image onto alcohol marker friendly card using memento ink and used my Promarkers to colour it.  I have also rediscovered my 'puffy stuff' so added that to the bottom of the image to mimic snow.  It's pretty cool stuff, it goes on like a thick paint but when you heat it with your heat tool it puffs up and hardens.  I die cut the image with a circle die and used the larger size to make a frame with gold mirror card.  I also die cut a topper die so that it would look like a bauble which was adhered to the circles with liquid glue. I stamped a simple sentiment in black ink onto the white circle.  I used some old 6x6 papers to create my background and added some thin strips of the gold card to cover the joins.  I added foam tape behind the patterned paper and added it to my card base.  The bauble was then also adhered with foam tape (I also added a thin sliver of foam tape behind the topper 'string').  I didn't add any extra bling as there was lots of shine from the mirror card.  For the inside I added a thick strip of the green paper, a small strip of the red paper and a thin strip of the gold card at the bottom of my panel.  I then stamped a sentiment in the centre with black ink.  This panel was adhered to the card base with double sided tape.  A fairly simple card but I think it looks really cute.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

As You Like It challenge - soft or bold colours (I prefer bold colours especially when colouring an image as I'm a bit too heavy handed to use soft colours!)
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG must include an animal
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured critter
Cut It Up challenge - add a sentiment
Incy Wincy Designs challenge - spring and/or animals
Inkspirational challenge - seasonal (winter)
Merry Little Christmas challenge - anything Christmas goes
Peace on Earth challenge - anything Christmas themed
Penny Black Saturday challenge - ATG option pastel colours
PINspirational challenge - designer or patterned paper

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'Christmas' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - LeanneDiane and Lori and also our guest designer Rachelle, who is joining us again this month. 

Enjoy the rest of your day and thanks for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 
Card ingredients:
Penny Black Stamps - Wishing (2998H)
Gina K Designs - holiday toppers dies
Inkylicious - fluffy puffy stuff 
My Mind's Eye - Be Merry 6x6 paper pad
Personal Impressions - Big Christmas Essentials stamp set
Personal Impressions (Paula Pascual) - Christmas messages stamp set (for inside sentiment)
Promarkers
Versafine - onyx black ink pad
gold mirror card from stash

10 comments:

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Gorgeous card Denise! Did you and Leanne coordinate the red and gold combo?? Lol! Puppy sure looks excite for Christmas and nice touch with the 3D snow effect.

Leanne said...

Love it great minds think alike with the color this week. Love the image so cute. Awesome card friend. Hugs, L😀

SarahR said...

Hi Denise, another fabulous card! Love your layout and colour choices - really striking! Thanks for joining in with us again at Sweet Stampin', Sarah.

Tracey T said...

Love everything about this: the colours, the paper, the layout and the cute image! Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey

Fiona said...

cute card and perfect for our challenge.

Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin.

Fi
x

Alyson Mayo said...

Oh, that doggie and Christmas tree image is adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up :)

Catie Cuddles said...

This is adorable.
Thanks for joining us at Addicted to stamps and more.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Brenda said...

What a wonderful card. I love the colors you have chosen and the way your papers go with your sweet image. Thanks so much for joining us over at As You Like It Challenge!

Diane said...

I absolutely adore this card, so CUTE!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Marina said...

Lovely design with the bauble shape; cute and beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational.