My Lovely Followers

Thursday 2 May 2024

Krafty Chicks challenge #714 - Stamps

Good morning lovely friends; I hope you're having a brilliant week so far.  Well the weather here has turned decidedly chilly and wet again, so I'm still dreaming of spring; you would think by May 2nd we would be having spring weather by now wouldn't you?  Anyway enough of my waffling let's get on to the card making lol!

It's the start of a brand new challenge over at Krafty Chicks challenge and this week is Week 1 so we want to see your stamps/digis.  

It was my Father-in-law's birthday yesterday so I used the opportunity to make a card for my sons to give to their grandfather.  I hope you like it.
Here is my card:
A close up of the cute image:
Plus I decorated the inside:
It's strange for me to make a 6"x6" card these days, even though that's the only size I used to make years ago.  It's funny how our preferences change isn't it.  I started by making my own card base from a white 12"x12" piece of card (cut to 6"x12" and scored in the middle); I also made my own envelope using the envelope punch board.  I stamped the image onto white alcohol marker friendly card with black ink and coloured it with Promarkers.  I made a mask for the bear and once in place used a cloud stencil and grass stencil to create my background.  I also stamped 2 small butterflies, coloured them with Promarkers and added some white gel pen dots for extra detail.  I then stamped the sentiment onto the sign with black ink (the happy birthday was part of the same set as the bear but the grandad was from a different company).  I matted the image panel onto some light blue card with double sided tape.  I rediscovered a lovely paper pad which had some great generic patterns which suited a man and chose this 'hessian' looking pattern for behind my image panel.  I again adhered it to a light blue mat with double sided tape and also added it to my card base with double sided tape.  I added the image panel onto the patterned paper panel with foam tape.  I finished the front with a few gold pearls.  For the inside I chose to decorate it quite simply this time.  I cut a white panel and stamped the sentiment in the centre with black ink.  I matted it onto the same light blue card with double sided tape and took a piece of the patterned paper and added it to the bottom of the panel with double sided tape.  This was adhered to the card base with double sided tape.  A fairly simple card overall but I think perfect for my boys to give to their grandfather.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Allsorts challenge - use a stencil (I used two)
As You Like It challenge - soft or bold colours (I tend to use bolder colours as I struggle with pastels)
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG must include an animal
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured critter
Incy Wincy Designs challenge - spring and/or animals
PINspirational challenge - designer/patterned paper
The Cutie Pie challenge - simply cuties
Tic Tac Toe challenge - butterflies/free/patterned paper (I appreciate my butterflies are dinky so delete if not appropriate)
I hope you will be able to join us for our 'Stamps' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - LeanneDiane and Lori and also our guest designer Rachelle, who is joining us again this month. 

Enjoy the rest of your day and thanks for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 
Card ingredients:
Gina K Designs - ink pads - sea glass & jelly bean green
MFT - mini cloud edges stencil & grassy edges stencil
Clearly Besotted Stamps - simply said stamp set (for inside greeting)
Clearly Besotted Stamps - friends and family stamp set (for grandad) (retired)
blue card from stash

11 comments:

Maryann scrapbooking said...

Magnifique carte, j'adore ce petit ours avec sa pancarte.
Joyeux anniversaire à votre papy.
MaryannG

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A delightful card, I do love James he's adorable both to colour and look at. Love the background stenciling for the clouds and grass, perfect for our challenge at Allsorts - thank you for joining us there.
Lorraine

Leanne said...

I love that you do the inside of the card too, super cute front and the bear is my favorite, awesome inking the background. Way to go friend, hugs. L

Tracey T said...

Not much beats James the Bear for cuteness! Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey

Fiona said...

perfect card, the clouds are amazing, so sweet.

Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin.
Fi
x

creationsnz said...

He will be thrilled to get it. So nice to see the inside of your card too Denise. So glad you shared your birthday bear with us at Critter Crazy, CarolG

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

So Beary cute! Just adorbs holding up his sign for Grandad!! Loving the cloud background too.

Rachelle Oltean said...

This is so cute Denise! I love the inked background with this cute bear!

SarahR said...

Hi Denise, your cards are always fabulous and this one is no exception! Love the simple but effective layout as well. Thanks for joining in with us this fortnight at Sweet Stampin' - Sarah, DT.

Suze said...

Sweet birthday card Denise.
Thank you for entering the Spring and/or Animals Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

Brenda said...

What a wonderful card. I love the colors you have chosen. Thanks so much for joining us over at As You Like It Challenge!