My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 1 May 2024

AAA Birthday challenge #61 - CAS

Good morning lovely friends and Happy 1st of May. I don't know where the months are going, it only seems like last week that I was welcoming April lol!  I'm here this morning for the start of a brand new challenge over at the AAA Birthday challenge. This month Helen is our hostess and she has chosen 'CAS' as our theme. Our lovely guest for this month is Lynne so pop over and leave her some love.
I didn't have anyone in mind when I made this card but knew I wanted to use a few more cute critters from LOTV as I was in the mood for colouring.  Here is my card:
Here's a closer look at the cute bunnies:
I decorated the inside as usual:
I began by stamping the two images with memento ink onto alcohol marker friendly card.  I coloured them with Promarkers, adding a few highlights with a white gel pen.  I trimmed the panel to 3 7/8" square but then decided to add a decorative border to the top and bottom.  I stamped a small happy birthday sentiment in black ink in the lower right of the panel.  I cut a piece of green gingham paper 3 7/8" x 5" and adhered it to my card base with double sided tape.  I added the image panel on top, again with double sided tape.  It took great self control to leave it like that, without any dimension and not add anything else, but I think it looks sweet as it is.  For the inside I cut a white panel 3 3/4" x 5" and stamped a sentiment in the centre with black ink.  I added a strip of the green gingham paper to the bottom of the panel (I again cut a decorative edge) with double sided tape.  I did stamp the image direct to paper but I messed it up so had to re-stamp it on a separate piece of card, fussy cut it out and add it to the panel with liquid glue (but I think it looks ok).  The panel was added to the card base with double sided tape.    

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

As You Like It challenge - clean or fussy (I like both styles but really like the simplicity of a CAS card)
Classic Design challenge - ATG optional twist happy birthday
Creative Moments challenge - cute and cuddly
Critter Crazy challenge - ATG with a featured critter
Cut It Up challenge - starts with a B (bunnies, blooms) I used a die to cut my decorative edge
I love Promarkers challenge - ATG option new home
Incy Wincy Designs challenge - spring and/or animals
Pinspirational challenge - designer/patterned paper
The Cutie Pie challenge - simply cuties
The Sisterhood of Crafters challenge - springtime designer paper (you can't beat a bit of gingham)
Tic Tac Toe challenge - flowers/free/die cuts

The Design Team have created amazing cards as always so please pop over to the blog and check them out and perhaps leave them some love on their personal blogs.   

I hope you will be able to join in with our challenge this month but don't forget it has to be birthday themed.  I can't wait to see your creations in the linky.

Enjoy the rest of your day and thank you so much for stopping by.

Love and hugs, 


LOTV - bear trios A5 polymer stamp set (for sentiment) (currently unavailable)
Clearly Besotted Stamps - scalloped edges die collection (retired)
Spellbinders - pocket bunny stamp set (for inside sentiment)
Versafine - onyx black ink pad
Promarkers
Gina K Designs - soft stone ink pad
gingham paper from stash

5 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

Cute little bunnies, I do love the Lili of the Valley images and you've used them well

Lynne in NI said...

Awww I love your little bunnies Denise, I'm a big fan of LOTV too!

Pat K said...

Lovely CAS card with those adorable bunnies. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K x

Furrbster said...

Such sweet little bunnies!!

Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Moments, and also sharing over at I Love Promarkers,

Hugz Tinz

Jane Savage said...

Lovely colouring on this gorgeous card! I love the fresh, gentle colours you've used!
Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations for our ‘Feminine’ Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx