My Lovely Followers

Thursday 25 April 2024

Krafty Chicks challenge #713 - All occasions

Good morning friends.  I'm back again today to share my DT card for this week's Krafty Chicks challenge.  As we are on Week 4 we are looking for your 'All Occasions' creations; so basically anything goes!  
I didn't have anyone in mind when I made this card, although the background panel was the starting point.  I had made it for another card but it wasn't exactly what I wanted so put it to one side.  When I looked at it again I thought it looked like cheese and that's where my idea began.  
Here is my card:
a closer look at the images:
I decorated the inside:
So when I made the background I originally was going for a beer/lager bubbles feel but I didn't like it and cast it aside and when I went back to it I thought it looked more like cheese so decided to dig in my stash and see if I could find anything cheese related.  I stumbled on this image that I had never used before and thought the punny sentiment was hilarious.  On further searching I found this tiny mouse image in a different set that I thought would be fun to use too.  I stamped the images using memento ink and coloured them with Promarkers.  The mouse image had a matching die so cut them out using that; the cheese/grater image was fussy cut out.  When I created the background I ink blended the panel with yellow ink and then went over it with a stencil using slightly darker inks, moving the stencil slightly with each different colour.  I decided to die cut some circles from the background to make it more like a cartoon block of cheese and added foam tape behind before adding it to my card base.  I stamped the punny sentiment in black ink and die cut it out with a sentiment strip.  I added the main image in the centre of the panel and tucked the mice in the circles as though they were peeking out (all with foam squares).  The sentiment was added overlapping the largest circle with foam squares.  I finished with some gold sequins and the front of my card was complete.  For the inside I cut a white panel 3 3/4" x 5" and used the left over circles that I cut from the front panel and placed them in the same configuration as the front.  I stamped a sentiment in the centre and added one mouse peeking from behind the bottom circle.  A really fun card and one that came from a discarded panel.   I hope you like it.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Classic Design challenge - ATG optional twist happy birthday
Crafty Animals challenge - ATG must include an animal
Creative Moments challenge - cute & cuddly (my mice are small but super cute)
Day of the Month Card Club challenge - National Look Alike Day (my two tiny mice)
Get Creative challenge - April Fool's Day (a joke or punny sentiment)
Just Us Girls challenge - anything goes stencil
Tic Tac Toe challenge - stencil/die cut/critter (3rd entry)
Tic Tac Toe Challenge #245

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'All Occasions' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - LeanneDiane and Lori and also our guest designer for April, Rachelle

Thanks for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 
card ingredients:
Sweet Stamp Shop - cheesy card stamp set (they sadly closed many years ago)
MFT - farm friends (for mouse image) (no longer available)
Gina K Designs - fizzy stencil
Gina K Designs - sentiment strip dies
Gina K Designs - ink pads - wild dandelion, honey mustard and sweet corn
Gina K Designs - birthday cheer mini set (for inside greeting)
Promarkers

9 comments:

Leanne said...

So cute great idea with the circles using in the inside too, awesome card friend, have a good day, hugs, L

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

You’re so punny funny!! Cute and adorable too! Love mousers poking their heads out of cheese hole. Any cheese lover would love this card for their birthday. Have an awesome week Denise!

ElizStewart said...

Denise... what a great card! The smile is still on my face. Just adorable! Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant fun card and sentiment,grate design and love the little mice.Thank you for joining us at Scrapping4fun.
Carol DT x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun piece of cheese. I love the stenciling on it. Thanks for joining in at JUGS.

Rachelle Oltean said...

What an adorable card! I love the circle die cut omits and the way you incorporated them in the card interior! So cute!

Carol said...

This is so clever and well done! Your cheese piece could also be beer if you ask me! The mice, cheese and grater are so cute!!! So happy you shared this with us at Just Us Girls!

Rosmarie said...

Awww, those little mice peeking out of the cheese holes are just darling! Love the inside of the card too! Thank you so much for playing along with DotMCC. Rosi x
Dream Factory
DotMCC

foleysfriend said...

What a super fun card with a great pun-ny sentiment. Love that you were able to re-purpose the beer bubbles and created cheese. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.