My Lovely Followers

Thursday 30 May 2024

Krafty Chicks challenge #718 - ATG

Good morning friends; it's Thursday so that means it's time for a new challenge over at Krafty Chicks challenge.  As it's a 5 week month our theme this week is Anything Goes, so you can create whatever you like.  
It was my brother-in-law's birthday last week so needed a masculine card for my boys to give him.  I went graphic and bold for my card.  I hope you like it.
Here is my card:
A closer look at the stamping:
I decorated the inside:
Once I had decided on my products, I think this was one of the fastest cards I have ever made!!  I began by stamping the background in black ink onto a white card panel.  It is a small background stamp so I turned it sideways and stamped it twice to make a complete background for my panel.  I cut the width of my panel slightly smaller so that I could add a strip of light green card down the left hand side and the whole panel was added to the card base with double sided tape.  I used 3 separate stamp sets to create my sentiment but as they were all the same font they look like they were meant to be together.  I stamped the sentiment in black ink and cut it with a stitched die and matted it onto a piece of the light green card.  This was added onto the card with foam squares.  I found some enamel dots (trying to use up some older stuff) in almost the exact same colour green so added a few around the sentiment.  For the inside I cut a white panel and stamped the background stamp at the bottom and added a strip of green card to add a decorative edge.  I stamped the sentiment in the centre of the panel in black ink.  I added the panel to the card base with double sided tape.  A really simple card but quite striking and although not my usual colour scheme I think it works.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Classic Design challenge - ATG optional masculine
Everybody Art challenge - circles and/or stripes (I have lines and dots - please delete me if not appropriate)
Tic Tac Toe challenge - #248 - masculine/free/masculine sentiment

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'Anything Goes' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - LeanneDiane and Lori and also our guest designer for May, Rachelle

Thanks for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 
Card Ingredients:
Uniko Stamps - everyday family (for the uncle word)
Uniko Stamps - everyday sentiments (for the birthday word)
Uniko Stamps - everyday love sentiments (for the happy word)
Uniko Stamps - birthday wishes (for inside sentiment)
Versafine - onyx black ink 
green card from my stash

7 comments:

kareN stampZ said...

Wow Denise I really love this, what a cool card and stamp to make the graphic design, The enamel dots are just the perfect pop and match the wee card strip fabulously. Thanks for playing and sharing with us at Tic Tac Toe Challenges.

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Loving all the lines and dots with the pop of green!! So clean and fun! Perfect masculine card!

Leanne said...

Very nicely done, like these back ground stamps and the color pops out. Awesome card friend, have a great day! Hugs, L

Uschi said...

Wow, such a particularly masculine card. This is a wonderful idea to create a card. You have really created a work of art. I love this black and coastal cabana color scheme. It looks very beautiful. Thank you for your suggestion and I am happy that you are showing your card in the current Everybody Art Challenge. Thank you for participating.
Hugs, Uschi

Julia Aston said...

I really love that background stamp - perfect for a masculine card and wonderful black/green color combo! Julia xx

Lori Turner said...

this is such a super cool card, Denise! I love it!! Has such WOW factor friend xoxoxo

Vicky Hayes said...

What a fabulous masculine card Denise! I love how you used the background stamp twice to fill the space and paired it with pops of colour using card and enamel dots. Thank you for coming to play at Tic Tac Toe with us :) Vicky x