My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 29 May 2024

Mini Card Challenge IG Hop - Week 3

Hello friends and happy Wednesday.  I trust your week has been good so far.  I'm back to share this week's card for the Mini Card challenge IG Hop, which has been organised by my lovely friend Kelly. It's a chance to keep us occupied and our creativity flowing before the Summer 2024 Hop begins. 

This week we want you to 'tell us a secret' which means we want to see hidden elements. surprise reveals etc.  I decided to make a wiper card since I've never made one before.  I did watch a few tutorials before I started but even so I struggled to get the mechanism to work so I went to my tried and tested guru Sam Calcott and she is so good at explaining these interactive cards that I got it right away.  I know it's not super technical but sometimes the simpler things make the less sense lol!  Anyway I finally got it and my wiper worked *yay*.  
Here is my card:
A view with the wiper mechanism up:
A closer look at the images:
I decorated the back as there is no inside:

I took a short video...it's not the best but you can see the mechanism popping up!


I began by following a tutorial by Beata on Splitcoaststampers here but I don't know why but I really struggled to get my mechanism to work.  I jumped over to YouTube and watched a video by Sam Calcott here and it finally clicked.  There was nothing wrong with Beata's tutorial but Sam has a really good way of explaining things and I always watch her videos when I need to do a complicated interactive card.  I made an A2 size card as that was Beata's original tutorial.  I was originally going to use a speech bubble as my wiper pop up but didn't like it but still used it but cut off the pointy bit to leave an oval instead.  I added a sentiment onto the pop up and a paw print and also added a small piece of the patterned paper to make it look a little prettier.  After finally getting my card base together I began working on the fun bit of decorating.  I love this paper pad from Gina K designs so used that as my background, cut a slightly larger black mat panel and adhered them to the card with double sided tape.  I stamped the cute images onto alcohol marker friendly card and coloured them with Promarkers (my editing programme make my blends look really harsh but they are not like that in real life, honest!).  I used the matching dies to cut them out.  I didn't want the images just floating on the background so used a heart border die, which comes in 2 pieces, coloured the plain piece with the same marker as I used on the jumper of my image and adhered the cut out piece over top with liquid glue.  I added the images with foam squares.  I decided to add a generic image to the front which matched the images but it was slightly too long for my card so I simply cut it in half and placed them onto the card with liquid glue.  I found a few gold hearts in the back of the stamp set that I must of cut previously so added 3 of them with liquid glue as a finishing touch.  For the back of the card I added a white panel which was matted onto a black panel.  Before adding it to the card base I stamped a sentiment in the centre of the panel with black ink and a strip of the patterned paper to the bottom.  I stamped and coloured an extra dog and adhered that to the bottom right with liquid glue.  I also had an extra heart that I had cut off from the front so also added that to the bottom left with liquid glue.  A really fun card and it will fold down flat and fit into a normal envelope, the same as other dimensional cards I make.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

AAA Colourful challenge - colourboard #4
Allsorts challenge - ATG option blast from the past (most of my products are very old/retired)
Creative Creases challenge - ATG with a fun fold
 
I Love Promarkers challenge - ATG option tropical vibes

If you would like to follow the hop over on Instagram please use the hashtag #minicardchallenges to find us or alternatively visit my profile and you will find the list of participants on my post.  We would love it if you would give the mixed up challenges a try and again use the hashtag and we will find your projects. 

I'll be back tomorrow with my card for the Krafty Chicks challenge but until then enjoy the rest of your day and thank you for stopping by. 

Love and hugs,

Card ingredients:
MFT - new best friend stamp & matching dies (for images and sentiment on pop up) - retired
MFT - puppy kisses stamp set (for sentiment on back) - retired
MFT - friends furever stamp (for sentiment on front) - retired
MFT - layered heart border dies (retired)
SSS - talk bubbles die (although I altered it) (no longer available)
Gina K Designs - autumn splendor paper pad
Gina K Designs - warm cocoa ink pad (to stamp the paw print)
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm silky smooth card 
Hobbycraft - A4 black card
Promarkers
Versafine - onyx black ink pad

8 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

Aww - who doesn't love puppies?This is so sweet. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC :)

Debbie Mageed said...

What a great fun fold card, Denise! The images are so cute! I'm glad you found Sam's video to make it work. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Such a great interactive card and cute design. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Johanna said...

This type of card is always fun, but I agree they aren't always easy. I tried this once and struggled as well but eventually got it to work. I love yours. The focal images are very cute and nicely coloured and your wiper is just right. Thanks for joining the fun at MMM, Johanna DT

Dawn Phillips said...

This is just so cute. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

Rae said...

Wow! I love this unique, interactive card. If you had trouble, it doesn't show. Great job!
Thank you for joining us for CC83. Hope to see you for CC84.
Rae in Reno
Creative Creases DT

Carrie said...

This is such an adorable wiper card! Glad you persevered and looked up Sam's video for help because this turned out PAWSOME! Seriously, great coloring on those sweet images, and wonderful choice of pattern papers! That little border of hearts is also a lovely touch! Thanks for sharing this great card at Creative Creases Challenge!

Helen said...

That's beautiful and I can see why you love that paper too1

Super cute image.

Thanks for joining us at the Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge.

Helen x
DT