My Lovely Followers

Monday 1 April 2024

AAA Birthday challenge - shaker

Good morning lovely friends and welcome to April. I am so ready for the brighter, warmer days after all the rain we've had in South Wales over the winter. Let's hope it works out that way. I am back this morning for the start of a brand new challenge over at the AAA Birthday challenge. This month Swapna is our hostess and she has chosen 'shaker' as our theme. Our lovely guest for this month is Deborah Frings so pop over and leave her some love.
I haven't made a shaker card in a little while so it was a nice change to make one.  I didn't have anyone in mind when I made my card so had free rein with what I could do.  I decided to make a shaped shaker card.  
Here's my shaker card:
a closer look:
I decorated the inside too:
I began by using a coffee cup card die to cut out the basic card shape.  When I used this die last time I must have cut some pink frames and not used them as I found them in the packaging so decided to use them up this time.  I cut another 4 white frames and adhered them all together with liquid glue so I had a really sturdy frame to work with.  I cut some acetate with the coffee cup die and adhered it behind the frame with liquid glue.  I also discovered a background that I made last year (I think using Tonic shimmer powders) which was lovely and shimmery and had some pink in it so thought why no use it up too.  I cup the coffee lid and also the backing for my shaker from this shimmery card.  I added foam strips behind the frame, added some silver sequins to the cup and stuck it all together.  I added a double thickness of foam tape behind the lid to make it as dimensional as the frame and adhered it to the cup.  For the sleeve I wanted a sentiment that was a little punny but couldn't find anything suitable in my stash so made my own.  I stamped the 'happy birthday to' and then die cut some letters 4 times from pink card to spell the word BREW (I know technically brew is synonymous with tea but I think it works in this instance) and lightly ink blended them to give them a slight ombre look and added them to the sleeve with liquid glue.  I stamped a row of cocoa beans underneath to continue the coffee theme and ink blended around the whole sleeve in brown ink (I did try pink first but didn't like it so went over it with the brown).  The sleeve was added to the frame with liquid glue.  The front definitely didn't need anything else with all the sparkle and shimmer going on.  For the inside I used one of the inner parts that cut out when I die cut the frames, added a thin piece of the shimmery card to the bottom and again added a punny sentiment with black ink and a single cocoa bean.  A really fun card and I'm super happy with it.  I may decide to add a gift card holder on the inside depending on who I give it to.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Cut It Up challenge - happy birthday
Get Creative challenge - April Fool's Day (joke or punny sentiment)
If You Give A Crafter A Cookie challenge - the sprinkles made me think of a shaker 
Snippets Playground challenge - I used all pieces from my scrap bin/already die cut 
Sweet Stampin' challenge - birthday girls (Happy Birthday to Wendy)

The Design Team have created amazing cards as always so please pop over to the blog and check them out and perhaps leave them some love on their personal blogs.   

I hope you will be able to join in with our challenge this month but don't forget it has to be birthday themed.  I can't wait to see your creations in the linky.

Enjoy the rest of your day and thank you so much for stopping by.

Love and hugs, 

Card ingredients:
Honey Bee Stamps - coffee cup card honey cuts
Honey Bee Stamps - perfect blend stamp set (for inside greeting & cocoa beans)
MFT - make a wish stamp set (for the partial outside greeting)
MFT - little letters die-namics
Taylored Expressions - foam sticky strips (for shaker)
Gina K Designs - ink pads - warm cocoa, bubblegum pink
acetate from packaging
pink card from stash
Pretty Pink Posh - sparkling clear sequin mix
Tonic Nuvo Shimmer powders (not 100% sure what colours I used but they are all beautiful)


11 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

great card and I do so love a pun in the sentiment ;-)

Sarn said...

Brilliant card both inside and out. Lovely design and lots of fun for the recipient.

Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. Hope you enjoyed the Easter Egg hunt! x

Vicky Hayes said...

This card is bursting with fun Denise! I love the 'go cup' shape of it and the shaker element, and not one but TWO punny sentiments!

I'm ready for warmer, drier weather too but I wouldn't put the Kagool away just yet!! Vicky x

Deborah Frings said...

I absolutely love this coffee themed shaker! Such a fun card. Thanks so much for having me as GD this month. Hugs, Deborah x

Di said...

What a great card Denise! Very clever to make a shaker and a great shape as well. LOVE it!

Hugs
Di xx

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Denise, I love shaker cards and yours is fabulous and so fun! You can never have too much sparkle or puns!

Fiona said...

fab shaker card, this has given me some inspiration.

Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin.

Fi
x

Het hobbyhoekje van Annie said...

Lovely Shaker Card. Thanks for joining us at Scrapping4fun.
Annie (DT)

Tracey T said...

A really original take on our challenge theme! Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin' this fortnight. Tracey

SarahR said...

Hi Denise, what a fabulous card this is! Everything about it is perfection. Thanks for joining in with us this fortnight at Sweet Stampin, Sarah - DT.

Celeste Goff said...

Such a fun and fabulous card! I love all things coffee related!