My Lovely Followers

Thursday 28 March 2024

Krafty Chicks Challenge #709 All Occasions

Hello again friends; I'm back with my DT card for this week's Krafty Chicks challenge.  We are on Week 4 which is 'All Occasion' i.e. birthday, sympathy, get well etc; the world's your oyster!  
I needed an anniversary card for my in-laws so this challenge was perfect timing for me.  Here is my card:
a closer look at the florals:
I also decorated the inside:

I began by cutting my white panel 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" and my black panel just a touch bigger to give me a thin border.  I adhered them together with double sided tape.  The floral die comes in two parts; the backing piece I cut from white card and the top detail layer I cut from gold mirror card.  I used the matching layering stencils to colour the backing die cut and then added the gold detail layer over top with liquid glue (it's not perfectly lined up with my stencilling but it looks ok).  I repeated this another 2 times, an extra one for the inside.  I added foam squares to the 2 for the front on my card and arranged them in such a way that I could stamp my sentiment in the centre of my card.  The sentiment is made up of 4 different stamp sets and I could have made my spacing a little closer between the mam and the ampersand but it was too late once I had stamped it!  I added a few tiny heart die cuts to fill some empty spaces and the front was complete.  For the inside I stamped a sentiment in black ink in the centre and then added the third die cut flower arrangement at the bottom of the panel (I did trim it ever so slightly so that it would fit).  I added the panel to the card base with double sided tape.  My card size is 5" x 7" which is my preferred size for family cards.  I hope you like it. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Beautiful Blossoms challenge - anything floral goes with optional mood board
Cardz 4 Galz challenge - spring flowers with dies or punches
My Time To Craft challenge - multi-coloured florals
Stencil Fun challenge - must use a stencil option Easter/spring (I used a die/layering stencil combo)
The Paper Funday challenge - ATG option the DIES have it
Tic Tac Toe challenge - pastel colours, CAS design, flowers
Triple B challenge - must include at least one bird, bloom or butterfly
Try It On Tuesday challenge - use a stencil (I used a die and layering stencil combo)

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'All Occasions' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - LeanneDiane and Lori and also our guest designer for March, Shirley

Thanks for stopping by. 

Love and hugs
Card ingredients:
Gina K Designs - doodled autumn stamp set
Gina K Designs - floral wishes stamp set
Gina K Designs - lovely ladies stamp set
Gina K Designs - grand gentlemen stamp set
Cardmaking Magic - verses for occasions (for inside sentiment)
MFT - tag builder blueprints 6 (for tiny hearts)
gold mirror card from stash

13 comments:

Leanne said...

Such a pretty card, I love the gold and your coloring is amazing, it is an awesome card my friend. Have a nice day! Hugs, L

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

What a stunning floral garland!! Love the gold outline! Makes just about anything feel “rich” and romantic. I assumed gold embossing powder and was quite surprised it is a die. Enjoy your week!

Erikine spominčice said...

Very nice card.

Karren said...

This is gorgeous and makes a wonderful anniversary card! Thanks so much for joining us at Tic Tac Toe.

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful Anniversary card inside and out! Thank you for playing the TTTC board with us!

María said...

A wonderful anniversary card, those flowers are stunning and the colouring is awesome. Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft. Hugs, María.

Diane said...

An absolutely gorgeous floral card!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

stampinwithanita said...

You did Gina K. Designs proud! Such a lovely card and perfect for an anniversary. Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge this month.

Donna Walls said...

Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we look forward to seeing more from you soon.
Dona xx
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Catie Cuddles said...

Stunning card

Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Lori Turner said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, friend! I love the gold outlined flowers - so pretty! xoxoxo Hope you had a wonderful Easter xoxoxo

foleysfriend said...

What a precious anniversary card for your parents-in-law. I love the way the gold mirror die cut looks on the stencilled die cut. So classy. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

Joan said...

The layered flowers are lovely, its a beautiful card

Thank you for joining in at Try it on Tuesday challenge

Joan