My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 27 March 2024

Spring Into Card Making IG Hop - Week 3

Hello my lovely friends; I hope you've had a wonderful day so far.  It's Week 3 of the Spring Into Card Making IG Hop organised by my lovely friend Kelly and this time we are all about spring.  Each week we will be sharing a themed card focusing on the joys of spring.  If our hop inspires you please use the hashtag #2024springintocardmakinghop to join in the fun.  
This week we are making Easter or spring creations and as Easter is almost here I decided to make one more Easter card.  I used an older (but new to me) stamp.  Here is my card:
A close up of the cute image:
I decorated the inside:
I began by cutting a panel of alcohol marker friendly card to 3 3/4" x 5" and stamped the image towards the left of centre and coloured it with Promarkers (I also stamped a mask to use later).   After colouring the image I placed the mask overtop and lightly inked all around with a sea glass ink pad to give a slight halo effect to the image.  I then stamped the sentiment to the left of the image in black ink.  I cut a panel of kraft card slightly larger than my white panel and adhered them with double sided tape.  I then added this onto my card base with foam tape.  For the inside I cut the exact same panels as the front, stamped a sentiment in the centre with black ink and lightly ink blended the same sea glass ink around the edges.  I decided to stamp just the little eggs from the image into the left bottom corner three times and coloured them with Promarkers.  The panels were again adhered together with double sided tape and added to the card base with double sided tape also.  I finished with some white highlights using a gel pen and my card was complete.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

AAA Cards challenge - anything CAS goes option spring/spring colours
Allsorts challenge - keep it simple
CRAFT challenge - Easter/spring
I Love Promarkers challenge - ATG option use the rainbow
Scrapping4Fun challenge - Easter/spring
Shopping Our Stash challenge - spring has spring (13 challenges total)
Stamping Sensations challenge - spring (3rd entry)
The Cutie Pie challenge - Easter/Mother's Day
The Sisterhood of Crafters challenge - bunnies and or chicks (if my 'bunny' isn't appropriate please delete/ignore my entry)
Tic Tac Toe challenge - Easter eggs, yellow, free

I would love it if you would pop over to Instagram and see the amazing work by all the other crafters taking part in the hop.  Please use the hashtag #2024springintocardmakinghop to find us and also so that we can find your creation if you are inspired to take part.  

I'll be back again with you tomorrow with my card for the Krafty Chicks challenge so please pop by and check it out.  As always I appreciate the comments you leave and thank you so much for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 

Card ingredients:
Stamping Bella - Valerie bunny stamp (retired)
Dovecraft - essential sentiments (for inside greeting)
Promarkers
Gina K Designs - masking magic sheets
Gina K Designs - sea glass ink pad
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm silky smooth white card 
Crafter's Companion - 280gsm kraft cardstock
Memento - tuxedo black ink
Versafine - onyx black ink
Sakura - no 10. white gelly roll pen

12 comments:

kareN stampZ said...

Your wee Valerie bunny girl is just an adorable image for this time of the year. Great CAS card letting "her shine". Thanks so much for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Cards.

Paula said...

She is the cutest! Love your coloring on this.

brenda said...

What a sweet little image for a pretty Easter card, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts and Stamping Sensations challenges.

B x

Linby said...

This is just delightful and a lovely CAS layout too. Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts and Stamping Sensations challenges.

Diane said...

An adorably cute cute Easter bunny!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
{The Sisterhood}

Ellibelle said...

How very sweet!! Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!

Silke Ledlow said...

Super cute card inside and out...love the sweet image and your coloring! Thank you for playing the TTTC with us!

Cardsbymaaike said...

aww that's so cute, sweet card. Thank you for playing at the AAA Card Challenges, we have a new one on Sunday, see you then?

Francesca said...

Very cute! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

Dora said...

Beautiful card with this image and colouring. Thank you for joining at Stamping sensations.

Doris P. said...

What a cute image. I like the coloration. Thanks for joining us at the Papercraft Challenge.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Adorable! Thanks for sharing your sweet creation with us at Sweet Stampin'. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' Challenge DT