My Lovely Followers

Sunday 24 March 2024

A bit o' green (and gold)

Hello and happy Sunday friends.   I hope you've all had a wonderful weekend; although it seemed to go by in a blur it was so fast.  I'm sharing a card that I originally was going to post last Sunday (St. Patrick's Day) but time got away from me but I thought I would still share it.  It's not a SPD card but it is green so I thought I would have been perfect for last Sunday.  I hope you like it.  
Here is my card:
a close up of the focal image:
I decorated the inside:
I began by die cutting the circle die from gold mirror card and a further 3 times from white card and adhering them together with liquid glue.  I took the circle pieces from one of the white die cuts and ink blended onto them using 5 different colours of green ink.  I cut a white panel with a stitched rectangle and a slightly larger gold panel with another stitched panel.  Using some of the green ink that I used to ink blend with I splattered the background; I also added some gold splatter.  I adhered the panels together with double sided tape.  I took 2 of the white circles and stamped them with sentiments using black ink.  I added the gold circle outline die cut and the green ink blended circles with liquid glue.  The white stamped circles were added with foam squares for some dimension.  I didn't think the card needed any further embellishments as it was sparkly enough.  For the inside I cut another 2 stitched rectangle panels and added a few ink blended and gold circles randomly at the very bottom.  I didn't add a sentiment as I thought this card could be used for many different occasions and I can add it when needed.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Allsorts challenge - keep it simple
Aud Sentiments challenge - use glitter/bling and/or green/St. Patrick's + sentiment
Double D challenge - green/clover/shamrock/luck
Dream Valley challenge - dies and/or punches (3rd entry)
Inspiration Station challenge - I was instantly drawn to the colour of their skirts

That's it for now but I'll be back on Wednesday with my Week 3 card for the Spring into Cardmaking IG Hop so until then take care and thanks for stopping by.  
  
card ingredients:
Waffle Flower - outlined circles die
Gina K Designs - Lovely Flowers stamp set (for sentiments)*
Gold mirror card from my stash
Kuretake Gansai Tambi - starry colours palette (I used yellow gold for my splatter)
Versafine - onyx black ink 

* should be available once new kit is released

11 comments:

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge.

brenda said...

Very striking in gold and green, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Ellibelle said...

Such a fun design with all the circles and I love the simplicity!
Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Allsorts challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Fiona said...

Such a great design - I love how you've used the circles and the lovely shades of green - my favourite colour. Great to see how our image inspired you - thanks for playing along with us at Inspiration Station

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card and love all the circles.Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams.
Carol DT x

Dena J said...

What a lovely way to use the circles die - very pretty with greens and gold. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

SmilynStef said...

love those circles ... what a lovely layout ... so very glad you went *round & round* with us at Shopping Our Stash.

Donna Phelan said...

What a fun card! Simply Beautiful! I adore that circle die--how FUN! The green and gold are lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Green-Clover-Shamrock-Luck Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

coldwaters2 said...

This is one fabulous creation I love those circles with the different shades of green I also love the gold border a super card thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

Donna Walls said...

This is a fabulous CAS card design, I love the geometric details and the shades of green are lush. This would make a great masculine card also. Thanks for sharing with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Francesca said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for playing at Dragonfly Dreams Challenge!