My Lovely Followers

Thursday 21 March 2024

Krafty Chicks Challenge #708 - CAS

Good morning lovely friends; I hope you're having a great week so far.  I had a bit of a fright yesterday as every time I tried to get on my blog it was redirecting to spam/selling pages.  I got a bit stressed, googled for help and tried a few things, but not being very tech savvy couldn't figure it out.  Luckily my eldest son is very tech savvy and even though it was 12:30am he patiently sat with me and finally sorted it out.  Apparently it was a corrupted widget on my blog and once we removed it (after a bit of trial and error) everything was back to normal.  I'm only explaining just in case some of you experience it in the future.  It's when old, outdated widget gets taken over by dodgy types and they can change the purpose of the widget.  

Anyway onto happier, nicer things.  Today is the start of a brand new challenge over at Krafty Chicks challenge and this week Diane is our hostess and wants to see all your CAS (clean and simple) creations.    
I've been making cards with lots of details and layers lately so it was a nice change to go back to a CAS style.  I didn't have anyone in mind when I made this card so just had fun.  Here is my card:
A closer look:
I also decorated the inside:
I began by cutting a white panel 4" x 5 1/4" to create my background.  I took 2 ink cubes in yellow and blue and simply swiped them across the panel in a stripe pattern.  It's not perfect but I really like that plank or woodgrain effect you get by doing it this way.  I took another white panel and cut it to 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" and die cut a star into the centre.  I added foam tape behind this panel and added onto my striped background at a jaunty angle for some interest.  I die cut the 'birthday' word from navy card 3 times and adhered them together with liquid glue (on the 3rd layer I only added the middle part, from the i to the d so that it would give some support as it was over the open part of the die cut).  I added that over the star cut out with liquid glue.  I foolishly left it until now to add the happy sentiment so carefully using my Misti stamped it above the die cut word with navy ink.  I felt it needed a little something but nothing too in your face so found a die that cut out some teeny tiny stars and added some above and below the star.  These were cut out of some of the same striped background that I had practised on.  For the inside I cut a white panel 3 3/4" x 5" and stamped a sentiment in the centre with navy ink.  I swiped the yellow and blue ink at the bottom to replicate the front and added a few more stars.  This panel was added with double sided tape.  This was a really quick and easy card to make and the background took seconds but I think it looks really fun.  I hope you like it. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

AAA Cards challenge - anything CAS goes option spring/spring colours
Dream Valley challenge - dies and/or punches
Get Creative challenge - sing a song (Star by Kiki Dee)
Incy Wincy Designs challenge - birthday and/or funny, humourous
Inkspirational challenge - CAS option feature a balloon
Simply Clean and Simple challenge - anything CAS goes option green
The Paper Funday challenge - ATG option the DIES have it
Unicorn challenge - for the boys/men

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'CAS' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks LeanneDianeLori and our guest designer Shirley who is joining us for March.  

Thank you stopping by and leaving me such lovely comments; I appreciate you all.  

Love and hugs, 
Card ingredients:
Quickutz - nesting stars dies (they are really old and no longer available)
MFT - tag builder blueprints 6 (for tiny stars) 
Gina K Designs - doodled autumn stamp (for happy word)
Gina K Designs - let's celebrate stamp (for inside greeting) free incentive set last month but will be available in the store once the new kit comes out
Gina K Designs - ink cubes - prickly pear & powder blue from Winter assortment
Gina K Designs - in the navy ink pad
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm silky smooth white card (for panels and card base)

9 comments:

Donna Walls said...

I've had the same thing happen to me on my personal blog and the challenge blogs. It is so stressful and takes hours to fix, I'm so glad your son was able to assist in getting it sorted. Now, your card is such a pretty CAS design. The design is perfect for masculine or feminine cards. Thanks for playing along and sharing your lovely card with us at The Paper Funday Challenge. We hope you’ll share again soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Julia Aston said...

What a great technique of ink pad swiping to create that wonderful woodgrain background Denise! Love the colors you used too. The front panel with the star cut out looks so nice over the panel and the black die cut sentiment is lovely spanning the star! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational: CAS Julia xx

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Your card is stunning! I’ve been seeing lots of the ink swipe technique lately. Must be a sign to try it. And the mini stars are the perfect final touch. Have an amazing week! And thank goodness for the tech savvy generation to our rescue!

kareN stampZ said...

I love your homemade DSP, that is so cool, plus love the peek-a-boo star window. Fab card ! Thanks so much for playing and sharing with us at AAA Cards this week.

P.S. I was playing and tweaking my blog the other night with it's layout and I made it worse, so I feel your pain, took me hours to fix back to how I recall it looked.

Melanie Hungerford said...

Wonderful card, I love the look of the ink swiping! Glad you got your blog back in order, technical difficulties are so stressful! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge.

Kate said...

Really love this design - must try something similar in the future! Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs Kate!

Lori Turner said...

Oh this is so awesome, Denise! That birthday looks like it's floating over the star - looks so cool! Have a super week xoxoox

Leanne said...

Friend this is so pretty, I like the background and the popped-up star, great job on the black pops and that is a great die, have a great day! Hugs, L

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Clean & Simple Challenge.