My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 20 March 2024

Spring Into Card Making IG Hop - Week 2

Hello friends; I'm posting really late tonight but better late than never lol!  It's Week 2 of our Spring Into Cardmaking IG Hop, which has been organised by my lovely friend Kelly, and this time we are all about spring.  Each week we will be sharing a themed card focusing on the joys of spring.  If our hop inspires you please use the hashtag #2024springintocardmakinghop to join in the fun. 
This week we have a beautiful mood board to inspire you.  Perhaps the colours call to you or the design or even the images themselves, whatever it is we hope you will create something and join us. I was initially drawn to the colours and the boxes so that was my focus.  Here is my card:
A closer look at the cute images:
Plus I decorated the inside:
I began by creating my background panel using a new postage die and matching stencil.  I lightly stencilled each box in the colours indicated by the mood board (although the smaller boxes look beige in my photos but it is really peachy in real life) and then set it aside.  I stamped the cute images onto alcohol marker friendly card and coloured them with Promarkers, adding some highlights with a white gel pen.  I used the matching dies to cut them out.  The sentiments were stamped directly onto the stencilled panel with black ink.  I added foam squares behind all the images and added them to the background.  I decided to add another layer behind my background panel so die cut a slightly larger stitched panel again from white for extra interest.  I adhered the two panels with liquid glue.  Even though I already had some dimension with the foam squares I decided to add the panels to the card base with foam tape.  No embellishments this time as it was already quite busy.  For the inside I cut a stitched panel and a coordinating plain panel, both from white and adhered them with double sided tape.  I stamped the sentiment in the centre with black ink and two of the sweet images at the bottom with light grey ink.  I ink blended some of the yellow ink that was remaining on my brush around the edges to add some soft colour.  I think this card is so happy and cheerful and I need to make more.  I'm sure my family will love them for Easter this year.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Allsorts challenge - feathers and/or fur
Dream Valley challenge - dies and/or punches
Just Us Girls challenge - birds of a feather (collaboration with Time Out challenge)
Scrapping4Fun challenge - Easter/spring
Simply Create Too challenge - bunnies and blooms
Stencil Fun challenge - use a stencil option Easter/spring
The Cutie Pie challenge - Easter/Mother's Day
Time Out challenge - birds of a feather (collaboration with JUGS challenge)

Woah!  Lots of Easter/spring challenges around at the moment.   

I would love it if you would pop over to Instagram and see the amazing work by all the other crafters taking part in the hop.  Please use the hashtag #2024springintocardmakinghop to find us and also so that we can find your creation if you are inspired to take part.  

I'll be back again with you tomorrow with my card for the Krafty Chicks challenge so please pop by and check it out.  As always I appreciate the comments you leave and thank you so much for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 

Card ingredients:
Gina K Designs - spring friends stamp & die*
Gina K Designs - Master Layouts 14 die set
Gina K Designs - postage grid stencil
Gina K Designs - lovely lace stamp (for inside greeting)*
Jane's Doodles - from us (for bottom sentiment) - sadly Jane's store is now closed
Memento - tuxedo black ink pad
Versafine - onyx black ink pad
Sakura - white no. 10 gelly roll pen

* these products were from the last kit, which is now sold out.  They will be available individually when the next kit is released.  

17 comments:

TK said...

Adorable card! You've inspired me to get my postage collage out!

brenda said...

Everything about this say's Spring from fresh colours to sweet images, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts and Stamping Sensations challenges.

B x

Liz said...

Super design, I love all the little images. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge using the Feathers/Fur option.
Liz xx

Ellibelle said...

How very sweet with all these cute spring and Easter things. Thank you so much for sharing at Four Seasons and Allsorts challenges!

coldwaters2 said...

This is totally cute and adorable I love those wee images also the fabulous Spring colours thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

Johanna said...

Such a delightful spring themed card. It is so pretty and all the little images are perfect together. Lovely design. Thanks for joining us at MMM, Johanna DT

Catie Cuddles said...

This is adorable and a perfect spring themed card.
Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is just so sweet, Denise. I love your images and your coloring is wonderful. Such an uplifting creation. Adorable! Thanks for playing with us at the Just Us Girls/Time Out collaboration challenge.

Meggymay said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely, happy card with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

Dawn Phillips said...

Such a pretty card. Your colouring is stunning. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

Bobby said...

Collage cards are all the rage now and you filled yours with some darling images, Denise. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Just Us Girls/Time Out collaboration challenge.

kareN stampZ said...

Wow this is super cute Denise

My name is Erika. said...

Thanks for sharing this with us at TIOT.

cm said...

Beautiful Spring Blessings card featuring an array of lovely, sweet images. Thrilled to see this in the Just Us Girls + Time Out galleries.
~carol

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Aww, such an adorable car, Denise. Thank you so much for joining us at Time Out. Hugsxx Deepti

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card Denise. Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge. Pat K x

foleysfriend said...

Adorable Spring card. The images you colored do a great job of capturing the essence of Spring. Love the pretty colors you chose. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.