My Lovely Followers

Thursday 14 March 2024

Krafty Chicks challenge #707 Christmas

Good Morning lovely friends.  I'm back again today to share my card for this week's Krafty Chicks challenge and this week is all about Christmas.  So grab your Christmas stamps, dies, papers etc and join in the fun with us. 
I bought some new stamps recently from LOTV as they've been having a fab offer and all their polymer stamp sets were only £10 - it would have been rude not to get some lol!  One of the sets I got was Christmas Mugs so I thought I would use one of the images for my card.  I asked my son to choose the image and he picked the cute snowman so here is my card:
a closer look at the cute image:
I decorated the inside:
I began by stamping the image with alcohol marker friendly ink and coloured it with Promarkers.  I also added some white highlights with a gel pen.  I decided I wanted to keep my card as one layer so stamped the image again onto masking paper and made a mask to cover my coloured image.  I then ink blended around the image with a light blue ink and also added some stencilled stars behind the mug.  Below the image I ink blended some very light grey ink to ground the image.  I cut out the panel with a scalloped rectangle and added it to my card base with foam tape.  I stamped a sentiment with black ink and cut it out with a banner die.  I also cut a slightly larger banner from a light blue card and layered them together.  This was added to the top right corner with liquid glue.  I didn't add any embellishments as I liked it as it was.  For the inside I cut another scalloped rectangle, stamped a sentiment in the centre with black ink and partially stamped the image at the bottom in a light grey ink.  I applied the mask and lightly inked with blue ink around the image.  The panel was adhered to the card base with double sided tape.   I'm really happy with how this card turned out and cannot wait to ink up all the other mugs.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

CRAFT challenge - Christmas
I Love Promarkers challenge - ATG option love/romance
Merry Little Christmas challenge - anything Christmas Goes
Peace On Earth Christmas challenge - anything Christmas themed
Shopping Our Stash challenge - round and round (dots on my mug and background) 13 max
Stencil Fun challenge - must use a stencil option Easter/spring
The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge - anything Christmas goes
The Male Room challenge - food and drink

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'Christmas' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - LeanneDiane and Lori and also our guest designer Shirley, who is joining us for March. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 
card ingredients:
MFT - blueprints 27 (for scalloped rectangle and banner dies)
Funky Fossil Designs - snow is falling stencil
Gina K Designs - ink pads - soft stone & sea glass
Gina K Designs - masking magic sheets
Paula Pascual - Christmas messages stamp set (for inside greeting)
Promarkers
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm silky smooth white card (for my card base)
Sakura - no. 10 white gelly roll pen

6 comments:

Leanne said...

Such a great card, makes me want a hot cocoa now, love it, have a good day friend, hugs, L

Diane said...

I love this, so adorably cute cute cute!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth and Stencil Fun!
Diane POE, SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Kate said...

A really lovely card and very skilfully done! Thanks for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge!
Hugs, Kate (DT The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge)!

Lori Turner said...

Super, super CUTE Denise!!

Paula said...

Adorable card. Your coloring is superb!

Sari / Granne said...

Your card is super cute, loving the happy snowman and the inside of the card decoration. Thank you so much for joining The Male Room #184 challenge.