My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 13 March 2024

Spring Into Cardmaking IG Hop - Week 1

Hello again lovely friends; I hope you're having a great week and for my friends in the UK I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day (although I know it's a tough day for some and I send my love to you).  I'm back with the start of another Instagram Hop organised by my lovely friend Kelly and this time we are all about spring with our Spring Into Cardmaking IG Hop.  Each week we will be sharing a themed card focusing on the joys of spring.  If our hop inspires you please use the hashtag #2024springintocardmakinghop to join in the fun. 
We know not everyone has stamp or die of their birth flower so you could use any spring flower you like.  I didn't have the flowers for my birth month (July) so made a birthday card for a friend whose birthday is this month so I used a daffodil.  Here is my card:
A closer look at the flower:
I decorated the inside:
I started this card with a completely different idea in mind but it evolved into a spotlight card after I had coloured the image.  I stamped and coloured the beautiful image with my Promarkers and cut it out with a small circle die and used a slightly larger one to create a black frame.  I took a white card panel and cut it to 3 3/4" x 5" and stamped the image once again in a light grey ink (I did have to extend the stems slightly using a pencil.  There is a slight colour difference but I don't think a non-crafter would notice).    I cut a black mat panel just slightly larger and adhered them together with double sided tape.  I added the coloured image over top of the grey stamped image, lining them up and then added the black frame around to make the image pop.  I used 2 pre-printed sentiment strips and added one to the top right corner and the other to the bottom left corner, both with foam tape.  For a change I used a coloured card base in a bright yellow to match my image.  For the inside I cut another white panel and stamped a sentiment in black ink and added a potion of the image, again stamped in grey ink, to the bottom.  I matted the panel with a black panel and added it to the card base with double sided tape.  I love the look of spotlight cards and they are simple to create but really pack a punch.  I didn't added any embellishments as I didn't think the card needed anything else.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Allsorts challenge - use yellow
Craft Rocket challenge - for the girls
Cut It Up challenge - colours of spring
Double D challenge - first signs of spring
I Love Promarkers challenge - ATG option love/romance
Incy Wincy Designs challenge - birthday and/or funny, humorous 
Scrapping4Fun challenge - Easter or spring
Triple B challenge - birds, blooms or butterflies

I would love it if you would pop over to Instagram and see the amazing work by all the other crafters taking part in the hop.  Please use the hashtag #2024springintocardmakinghop to find us and also so that we can find your creation if you are inspired to take part.  

I'll be back again with you tomorrow with my card for the Krafty Chicks challenge so please pop by and check it out.  As always I appreciate the comments you leave and thank you so much for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 


card ingredients:
Gina K Designs - Easter blessings stamp
Gina K Designs - birthday cheer stamp (for inside sentiment)
Gina K Designs - Master Layouts 5 (for smaller circle)
Spellbinders - standard circles large (for larger circle)
Gina K Designs - soft stone ink pad
Versafine - onyx black ink pad
Promarkers
Limetree Crafts - daffodil 230gsm card (for card base)

13 comments:

Liz said...

Fabulous card, the spotlight technique is very effective. Thank you for joining the Allsorts Challenge this week using the Use Yellow option.
Liz xx

brenda said...

A beautiful spotlight design with the focal Daffodils, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts and We Love Stamping challenges.

B x

Heather said...

Just beautiful - I love this technique, and what fabulous coloring you have! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is really gorgeous, I haven't done a spotlight card for ages. Thank you for sharing it with us at We Love Stamping.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Suze said...

Lovely card Denise. I haven't seen the spotlight technique used for a long time - great to bring those ideas back again. Thank you for entering the Birthday and/or Funny, Humourous Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and daffodils,love the spotlight technique.THank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations,Dragonfly Dreams and Scrapping4fun
Carol DT x

Izzy Scrap said...

This is fabulous ! I totally forgot the spotlight technique and it really looks beautiful with these daffodils. Gorgeous design and colouring. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing at ATSM.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

The spotlight technique is particularly effective on this card, Denise.Your coloring is wonderful. Your friend will love it! Thanks for playing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge.

Pat said...

Beautiful card with a gorgeous daffodil image, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky.

Pat xx

Treva said...

Pretty card, like the design and how you decorated the inside.

Thank you for joining us at Cut it Up for our Colors of Spring challenge.

Treva
https://scrappint.blogspot.com/

Catie Cuddles said...

Beautiful way to make use of the image.
Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Mervi said...

Gorgeous yellow spotlight card!
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping;-))m

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love this spotlight card - the flowers are so pretty. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge