My Lovely Followers

Thursday 7 March 2024

Krafty Chicks challenge #706 Stamps

Good morning lovely friends; I hope you're all doing ok and having a great week.  I'm here today to share my card for this week's Krafty Chicks challenge.  We are back around to Week 1 which is 'Stamps' so grab your rubber stamps, clear stamps or even your digital images and join in the fun.  
It was my mother-in-law's birthday recently so used this opportunity to make her a card from my boys.  I had just received this stamp and die set so was eager to try it out.  Here is my card:
A closer look at the beautiful image:
I also decorated the inside:
I began by stamping the gorgeous image, coloured it with Promarkers and used the matching die to cut it out.  I took a panel of peach card and used the die to cut an aperture from the centre.  I wanted the image to have some dimension and stability so cut it another 3 times from white card and adhered them together with liquid glue before adding it to the aperture, again with liquid glue.  I've had a piece of vellum sitting on my desk for months so decided to put it to good use and added it behind the aperture (I could have made a shaker card but thought the vellum would make a nice change).  I was debating what to put behind the vellum and found a small piece of this green gingham paper and thought that would co-ordinate with the green in the image and also the vellum would soften it so placed that behind.  I added foam tape behind the peach panel and added it to my card base.  The sentiment was stamped with black ink onto white card and cut it out with a rectangle die.  I added this with foam squares, overlapping the image, on the lower right side. I finished off with a few gold sequins.  The finished card is 6" square.  I don't make square cards very often these days so it was a nice change.  For the inside I cut a white panel, stamped my greeting in black ink and adhered it to a panel of peach card with double sided tape.  I found another thin strip of the patterned paper and added that to the very bottom of the panel.  This was then added to the card base with double sided tape.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

As You Like It challenge - monochrome or colourful (I love all the colours so very rarely create a monochrome card)
Color Throwdown challenge - peach, sage green & cream
Craft Rocket challenge - for the girls
I love Promarkers challenge - ATG option love/romance
Incy Wincy Designs challenge - birthday and/or funny, humourous
Inkspirational challenge - mood board (I was inspired by the colours)
Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge - bright and cheerful
The Paper Funday challenge - ATG option the DIES have it
Tic Tac Toe challenge - floral, free, metallic (my sequins are gold)
Triple B challenge - include at least one bird, butterfly or bloom

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'Stamps' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - LeanneDiane and Lori and also our guest designer Shirley, who is joining us for March. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 
Card ingredients:
Spellbinders - Lily Arch stamp & dies (CSOM Feb 24)
Spellbinders - Essential rectangles (to cut out sentiment)
Clearly Besotted Stamps - Simply Said stamp set
Clearly Besotted Stamps - happy birthday all (retired)
Clearly Besotted Stamps - mini calligraphy (retired)
Stampin' Up - card stock vellum
Craft UK - 250gsm 12x12 white card (to make card base)
Promarkers
peach card from stash

10 comments:

Linby said...

It's a striking card and a lovely colour combo too. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

Leanne said...

So pretty I do love me some flowers and this stamp is awesome, way to go friend, have a great day! Hugs, L

brenda said...

What a beautiful card for your MIL, I imagine it was very well received, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

B x

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Wow! This card is amazing Denise! Such gorgeous lilies in the perfect shade of orange/peach! Bring on the spring time vibes! Have an amazing weekend!
Diane - DT KCC

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous birthday card for your MIL, I'm certain she will love it. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Paper Funday Challenge. We hope you'll share again soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Classic Design Challenge

Julia Aston said...

What beautiful die cut lilies Denise - so pretty in the peach/orange color you used - wonderful mix of fonts on your sentiments too! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational:Moodboard! Julia xx

Zw@@n said...

Beautiful card, Denise. The image is very beautiful indeed and your colouring is fabulous. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

Suze said...

Beautiful card Denise. Love the colour scheme. Thank you for entering the Birthday and/or Funny, Humourous Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

Susan Renshaw said...

What a lovely card! Thanks for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!

Gale said...

Gorgeous Birthday card Denise! Love the lilies. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Pearly Sparkles Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for
http://pearlysparkleschallenge.blogspot.com/