My Lovely Followers

Friday 1 March 2024

AAA Birthday challenge #59 Geometric

Hello friends and welcome to March!  This year definitely needs to slow down as I can't believe we are at the start of the third month already.  On a positive note at least spring is getting a little closer *yay*.  I'm here today to share my card for this month's AAA Birthday challenge.  Our hostess this month is Vicki and she has chosen 'geometric'.  Our lovely guest for this month is Karen Rogers so pop over and leave her some love.  
I love the look of geometric designs and they are perfect for masculine cards.  I needed a card for my brother-in-law so it was the perfect challenge for me.  Here is my card:
a closer look:
plus I decorated the inside:
I began by cutting my white panel to 4" x 5 1/4".  I took some triangle dies and cut 1 large one from red card, 2 medium cut from red and black card and 1 tiny one cut from black card.  I took a strip of black and white striped patterned paper and adhered it to the left side of my panel with double sided tape.  I added the larger red triangle with liquid glue overlapping the paper and placed the medium black triangle over top with foam squares.  I then added the red medium triangle to the bottom left, again overlapping the paper, and added the tiny black triangle with a foam square.  The sentiment was stamped towards to the right side between my triangle clusters.  No embellishments as I thought it looked cool as it was.  For the inside I added a very thin piece of the patterned paper to the bottom of my panel and added a medium red and tiny black triangle just above in the bottom left with liquid glue.  I stamped a sentiment in black ink in the centre.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

AAA Cards challenge - anything CAS goes optional twist birthday
Cut It Up challenge - dots and/or stripes
Double D challenge - patterned paper
Incy Wincy Designs challenge - birthday and/or funny, humorous
Simply Clean and Simple challenge - anything CAS optional green
Tic Tac Toe challenge - CAS, free, favourite colour (red and black together for male cards)

The Design Team have created amazing cards as always so please pop over to the blog and check them out and perhaps leave them some love on their personal blogs.   

I hope you will be able to join in with our challenge this month but don't forget it has to be birthday themed.  I can't wait to see your creations in the linky.

Enjoy the rest of your day and thank you so much for stopping by.

Love and hugs, 

card ingredients:*
Lil' Inker - stitched triangle dies
Clearly Besotted Stamps - happy birthday all
Clearly Besotted Stamps - mini calligraphy
Clearly Besotted Stamps - tag along (for inside greeting)
MFT Stamps - black and white stripes 6x6 paper pad
Limetree Crafts - 250gsm smooth white card

* most of what I used is retired but I bet you have something similar in your stash if you're inspired to create something similar.  



13 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

That's awesome, love the colours together and the shapes

The Dream Pages said...

Denise, such an awesome card design.. Your card was my inspiration for the challenge..

CA Scrapper said...

Your card is so wonderful. I always struggle with guy cards and yours is just perfect.

Thanks for joining our Dots/Stripes challenge at Cut It Up.

Leslie

kareN stampZ said...

That is truly a piece of art and fabulous for a masculine card, what a cool idea with all the triangles. Thanks for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Cards.

cass said...

Great design with shapes, thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for our Celebrate challenge

Linda Callahan said...

Love your bold graphic design - perfect for a guy! Glad you joined us at TTTC!

Diane said...

Fabulously fun and creative design!!
hank you for joining our challenge at Simply Clean & Simple, Double D and The Sisterhood.
Diane SCAS, DD Co-Owner and TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Simply Clean & Simple}

foleysfriend said...

Great clean and simple card. The black and white with a pop of red is striking. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards.

sue n.

Curly said...

OMGosh this is superb i love the lean lines and red, black and white work so well together.
have a lovely week
hugs Bridget :) x

Larelyn said...

Fabulous masculine card. Thanks for joining our Cut it Up Dots and Stripes challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

ClaireB said...

Great birthday card for a man, clean lines and definite colours work so well together. Thanks for joining us at the Pearly Sparkles Challenge this month Claire DT

Jane.D said...

Wow, what a fabulous card! I love it! The colour combo, the design, the crisp clean feel... well I love everything about this card! xx

Suze said...

What a striking masculine card. Thank you for entering the Birthday and/or Funny, Humourous Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.