My Lovely Followers

Thursday 29 February 2024

Krafty Chicks challenge #705 - Anything goes

Good morning lovely crafty friends.  I hope you've had a fantastic week so far; it's almost the weekend!  I'm here today to share my card for this week's Krafty Chicks challenge and whenever there is a 5 week month Week 5 is always 'Anything Goes'.  It really can't get much easier than that can it?  
So as I said this week is 'Anything Goes' so you can go wild and create whatever you like, for whatever occasion you like.  I needed a get well card for a friend's husband so it was the perfect challenge for me.  Here is my card:
A close up of the cute images:
I decorated the inside:
I began by stamping the cute images in black ink and coloured them with my Promarkers and used the matching dies to cut them out.  I also decided to make my own patterned paper by stamping the band aid image onto light blue card using a slightly darker ink pad and added the tiny heart with red ink.  I heat embossed the sentiment in white onto black card and used a sentiment strip die to cut it out.  I cut a card panel from white card 3 3/4" x 5" and a mat panel from black card and adhered them with double sided tape.  I added the 'patterned paper' with double sided tape down the left side of the panel.  I added the sentiment strip in the lower centre of the panel with foam squares and then placed my images overlapping it on the right side.  The panel was added to the card base with double sided tape.  I didn't add any embellishments as I liked it as it was (plus I was giving it to a man who I always think prefer it CAS).  For the inside I cut another white panel and black mat panel and adhered them with double sided tape.  I didn't think far enough ahead to make another piece of 'patterned paper' so instead stamped and die cut another 2 band aids and placed them in the lower right corner.  I stamped a sentiment in the centre with black ink.  The panel was added to the card base with double sided tape.  I really like this card and the homemade patterned paper was simple to make and looks really sweet I think.  

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Allsorts challenge - things that can fly
Alphabet challenge - x is for xtra hearts
Classic Design challenge - ATG optional twist I love ...
Creative Moments challenge - ATG option CAS (3rd entry)
Day of the Month Card Club challenge - random act of kindness
I love Promarkers - ATG option under the sea
My Time To Craft challenge - create your own background
Sweet Stampin' challenge - always look on the bright side of life
The Male Room challenge - Valentine/use a heart
Triple B challenge - must include either a bird, bloom or butterfly

I hope you will be able to join us for our 'Anything goes' challenge and I cannot wait to see your creations in our linky.  Please leave some love for my fellow chicks - LeanneDiane and Lori and also our guest designer for February, Helen (thank you for all your beautiful cards as guest during both January and February Helen).  

Thanks for stopping by. 

Love and hugs, 
card ingredients:
Gina K Designs - ink pads - red hot, ocean mist, white pigment ink cube
Card Making Magic - Verses for Occasions (for inside greeting)
blue card from my scraps bin

15 comments:

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Hope your friend's husband has a speedy recovery. Your wonderful card will surely cheer him up. The cute RX birdie and band-aids should at least bring him a smile. Have an amazing Krafty week!

Leanne said...

This is so wonderful friend, the little bandages are adorable, great card, love those hearts too. Have a great day! Cheers, L

Liz said...

Super Get Well card, great idea to make your own patterned paper. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the Things That Fly option.
Liz xx

brenda said...

A very sweet card, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge and using the Things that Fly option.

B x

Melanie Hungerford said...

Adorable card, love the patterned paper you made, such a great way to use those smaller Lawn Fawn stamps. (I LOVE Lawn Fawn, and this is a set I don't have - thanks a lot!!! LOL) So glad you joined us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Mervi said...

Sweet and lovely card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Lori said...

Oh my goodness...this is so stinkin' cute Denise! Have a wonderful week xoxoxo

Elizabeth Hart said...

Very cute - I love how the hearts were incorporated on all the get well items.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Super cute hun, love your take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'. Hugs, Wends xoxo

ELFi said...

That's really a cute image, thanks for joining us at DotMCC and good luck!
11i

Helen said...

Great card - I'm sure it will be appreciated.

Thanks so much for having me as your Guest Chick for the last 2 months.

Helen x
DT

Debbie Mageed said...

Such a great get well card! Love focal image is so cute and I love the papers. Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Card Creator said...

I absolutely love this card! I struggle with Get Well cards, and this is just perfect!. Thank you so much for joining us here at My Time to Craft

~Your Crafty Friend, Tamara

Fiona said...

Great card Denise - great use of our challenge for the hearts without it being a valentine card. Thanks for playing along with us at The Male Room

Goga said...

Fantastic male valentine card. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room challenge. Goga